Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd take it. I like that cylinder. If you decide to upgrade I'll take it off your hands

My initial plan was to clean it up and sell it, but after seeing the exhaust port I may have to run it a bit. If I do decide to replace it with a larger bore, I'll send it to you. I have another 365 cylinder that's scored..if you're into repairing those let me know, you can have it.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My initial plan was to clean it up and sell it, but after seeing the exhaust port I may have to run it a bit. If I do decide to replace it with a larger bore, I'll send it to you. I have another 365 cylinder that's scored..if you're into repairing those let me know, you can have it.

Run it and I bet you'll like it. ususlly scored ones can be cleaned up

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Run it and I bet you'll like it. ususlly scored ones can be cleaned up

I'll run it a little this week, between tornadoes apparently..maybe I'll do a comparison with my ported 372. I'm struggling with using some of my good plastics hoard to make her prettier for re-sale

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll run it a little this week, between tornadoes apparently..maybe I'll do a comparison with my ported 372. I'm struggling with using some of my good plastics hoard to make her prettier for re-sale

Hopefully the twisters miss you.

I always put the nice stuff on the ones to sell and keep the ugliest stuff

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully the twisters miss you.

I always put the nice stuff on the ones to sell and keep the ugliest stuff
most of the time I get uggly saws, if I should get nice plastic parts later I never feel those saws deserve them :D

So this showed up today...
d1a0891411e7189e8a262513b1e9da0c.jpg

Made a rainy day much, much better

its the only saw I drive distance to pick up, part saws also.
My last three 242's came from Germany, gave it a shot in Norway with no response, those who have them wont let them go!

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
most of the time I get uggly saws, if I should get nice plastic parts later I never feel those saws deserve them :D

its the only saw I drive distance to pick up, part saws also.
My last three 242's came from Germany, gave it a shot in Norway with no response, those who have them wont let them go!

This is my first 242. I cut with it a bit this week, limbing some trees downed by our recent storms. It handles very well, I see why so many like them. I think I've seen more of them in your posts that I've seen in real life!

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some models seem to have better plating than others and will tolerate a light sanding and polishing without revealing the aluminum. Plenty of guys will chime in if you test the saw for leaks then pull the cylinder.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's trash. Send to me for disposal[emoji6]

Your offer is very kind, but I'm a graduate of the 'he who smelt it delt it' school...so I gotta try to clean up my own mess. That, and I'm out of boxes[emoji23]

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always worry when I see groves in the ring, but I've seen them worse and they ended up well.

I've got a little exterior scrubbing to do before I pull it, then I'm sure I'll be hitting you guys up for advice about how the clean the cylinder. I know you and @mdavlee to name a couple, have copious experience with this and hope you're willing to share with the village idiot (moi)!

Last edited:

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check for leaks first.

That's done. It held vac and pressure fine. I think it might have ingested something..I just got it from a tree service guy. It runs well, but the filter was something to behold. Although I haven't pulled it yet, I can see similar marks on the intake side of the cylinder. One of my kids busted my comp tester (a MAC no less!) so I'm already a little grumpy..but for what I've got in it, I'm happy even if I can't save the p/c (but I'm gonna try hard). Anybody have a 385/390 recoil?