High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna mz service manual

Tomtcook

New OPE Member
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a MZ6128 and it wont start. When I bypass the selonoid it turn over but does not start. I can hear the clutch engaging and disengaging when I use that knob. Is there a source for a service manual that with a diagram and test point?

Thanks
Tom

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have yet to see a service that covers these ZTRs. The electrical diagram would in the owners manual for this Husqvarna. To get the right one you would need the product number from your serial number tag but the electrical wiring is usually the same.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/manuals-downloads/

Note: if you are bypassing the starter solenoid and cranking without placing the ignition switch in run you will still have the ignition magnetos grounds and they will not fire the spark plugs. Also the brake must be applied (so the safety switch engaged) and both motion arms in their full outboard positions (so their safety switches are engaged). They also ground out the magnetos. The seat switch and it delay timer comes once the engine is running with the brake off and control arms are moved inboard.

Side note: Ray if there is a SM for the MZ series I would like a copy too for my file library here.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It is more and likely the Pto switch, my mzt61 did the same thing, dealer said safety circuits run through the Pto switch.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Most likely it is just a switch/button not being depressed/engaged.
You will need to post all of the numbers off of the mower's and engine's tags for much help.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One note about the wiring harness that is not shown on the wiring diagram. That is the seat switch connector is most likely to have a shorting strip that activates when the connector is loose or unplugged. I have seen several that have failed otherwise be it from someone intently trying to disable the seat switch or from the simple act of unplugging the connector; therefore, shorting the connector so it acts as if the operator is not on the seat when they actually sitting on it.