Husqvarna Extends Consumer Warranty to 5 Years

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'As a Husqvarna customer, you trust the quality of our premium outdoor products and solutions. You should trust the fuel you’re using, too. With Husqvarna’s pre-mixed fuel, not only do you get fuel you can depend on, but you can extend your warranty from the standard 2 years up to a 5 year warranty by buying 96 fluid oz. of the fuel at the time of your purchase of select handheld products. That’s up to 5 years of protection by our limited consumer warranty.'

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
know echo had it and I know it has sold a few saws cause of it.
Certainly will help sell saws. Warranties are a big deal for guys not as 'hands-on' as many on this site, and especially important with the computer chip stuff, and 'intelligent carbs'. Hope that it is honored fairly.

Philbert

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recall when I bought my Stihl MS 361 nine years ago that the dealer threw in a 1-year warranty. But, I had to sign a statement saying that I was not using it commercially because professional use would have limited it to 90 days.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Certainly will help sell saws. Warranties are a big deal for guys not as 'hands-on' as many on this site, and especially important with the computer chip stuff, and 'intelligent carbs'. Hope that it is honored fairly.

Philbert

They had 4 year consumer if you bought the fuel when i purchased my 550xp. Had a carb crap out on it 3 years in and it was worth buying the extended warranty!

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
96oz of fuel lol, I can burn that in a day cuttin timber gyppo style!
At first I was thinking 96oz of 2-cycle mix oil (would make 37.5 gallons at 50:1?). But you are right - 96 oz of premixed fuel is just 3/4 of a gallon. Most firewood guys can run through that in a full day.

Philbert

Last edited:

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
4:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When i was a wanna be tough guy, on a good pickle strip of second growth douglas fir running a 395xpw with a 32, that saw would burn between 2 and 3 gallons in a little over 7 hrs of straight sawing out of a 10 hr work day. 3 hours of lollygagging lol
I now have to use a wheelbarrow to pack around such a saw, and by time im 60, a 346xp will be a heavy saw