Husqvarna 572XP?

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard to discern that from that pic... I seriously doubt it will be anything other than a 70cc. I'd be curious to know what size class is the biggest seller amongst the pro saws, but I'd bet the 70cc is very near the top of the list. Makes the most sense to roll out a new AT hot-rod 5xx series 70cc IMHO.

Besides, Bob confirmed it's a 70cc. (just re-read the whole thread, LOL!)
I wasn't alluding that it wasn't 70cc class, just that it looks bigger than the 372 in the middle of the three saws in that pic.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't squint to hard at the pics. It looks just like a 562 or 550, just one size up. Not heavier or bigger than a 372.

Good things do take time; but the Lewis and Clark expedition didn't take this long. o_O

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Don't squint to hard at the pics. It looks just like a 562 or 550, just one size up. Not heavier or bigger than a 372.

Good things do take time; but the Lewis and Clark expedition didn't take this long. o_O
Maybe Lewis and Clark are the designated shipper and are bringing them on their return trip...

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depends on how many Native American girls their bringing back to...

Ya know, and I have to say this "tastefully". If you've read the journals or books like Undaunted Courage, most of those guys brought back something from the Native American girls that they wished they never got. :)

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ya know, and I have to say this "tastefully". If you've read the journals or books like Undaunted Courage, most of those guys brought back something from the Native American girls that they wished they never got. :)
I suggest you wash the boat out then...
In the long run probably not the best of trades but we sent them home with small pox and other similar treasures and they sent us home with the cooties...

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Bob have you had a chance to have it apart and get a good look under the hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob have you had a chance to have it apart and get a good look under the hood?

Yes Dan, I had to patch them up a couple times. Had to replace the top cover and handle once. Needed to fix a wire that was grounding out another time. That was one instance where the Auto-Tune was great to have. Just plugged it in and it told me there was a problem with the red wire between the coil and the carb. 1-2-3 and it was done. Who knows how long I would have taken to find that.

Under the hood looks very familiar to anyone who's worked on 550's and 562's. Just like the outside, everything looks the same, only a little bigger. One difference is that it uses the same CMR7H plug as most saws. With the larger combustion chamber they don't need to use that mini plug.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a winner!

12 it is, and for picking the corect number Stump is going to send you one of those mini macs with "572XP" written on it with a magic marker and a coat of silver paint on the clutch cover.

A year seems like a long spread here in the internet age where we can see what's going on in other places in the world. But it's kind of typical of how things have always been done. Years ago you might hear some whispers but you wouldn't know about a new saw until you saw one sitting on a dealer's shelf.

On the bright side.........if there's any service bulletins or updates, it's somebody elses turn to sort them out. :)

I'm out of Mini Macs at the moment, how about a roasted 670 Jonsered instead. I can paint it orange and silver and label it 670-98=XP. Look for it to arrive in 12 months or so depending on the moon phase and any solar flare ups to cause further delay. ;)

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm out of Mini Macs at the moment, how about a roasted 670 Jonsered instead. I can paint it orange and silver and label it 670-98=XP. Look for it to arrive in 12 months or so depending on the moon phase and any solar flare ups to cause further delay. ;)
My entire schedule has been thrown into disarray due to recent solar flares...

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes Dan, I had to patch them up a couple times. Had to replace the top cover and handle once. Needed to fix a wire that was grounding out another time. That was one instance where the Auto-Tune was great to have. Just plugged it in and it told me there was a problem with the red wire between the coil and the carb. 1-2-3 and it was done. Who knows how long I would have taken to find that.

Under the hood looks very familiar to anyone who's worked on 550's and 562's. Just like the outside, everything looks the same, only a little bigger. One difference is that it uses the same CMR7H plug as most saws. With the larger combustion chamber they don't need to use that mini plug.
So... nothing worse than anything that's already out there? That's good to hear.

I know it's way early but do you have any ballpark of where this new model will be priced Bob?

nosurprise87

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
http://hqendurance.azurewebsites.net/

European Release August 17th 2017. Bob has suggested that US release will follow 12 months later... 14 months from now...
Thanks, at least we'll get feedback through them. If there are any problems with them they can address them before we get them.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk