GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
7:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are these for sale anywhere yet?????

many months before they will be available, I've seen the operator manual who later was removed, and yesterday I found IPL's for both 565 and 572, but no operator manual yet.
None of them are listed for sale by Husky Sweeden or Norway at the moment, we're speaking about many months before any of those two will hit the scandinavian marked.

Switzerland looks like the place you want to plan your winter vacation. Listed for sale there 80CHF ($82USD) more than the 372. (My French is better than my German or Italian but if you speak / read those languages other versions of the website are available).

http://www.husqvarna.com/ch-fr/produits/tronconneuses/#ProductCategoryListingHeader

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Switzerland looks like the place you want to plan your winter vacation. Listed for sale there 80CHF ($82USD) more than the 372.

At the current exchange rate that site shows list prices around $1500 US for the 372 and $1600 for the 572 :eek:

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
2:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
100$ more for 572 is fine for me :)
1215$ is the price for 372 xpg in Norway, same price as 562 xpg, 1313$ for an 576 xpg.
At least 1300$, probleby close to 1400$ is what an 572 xpg will cost us Norwegians.

I'm actually just as interested to see whitch upgrade the 562 xpg will get next year, I can see myself with an 562 xpg wrap!

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
100$ more for 572 is fine for me :)
1215$ is the price for 372 xpg in Norway, same price as 562 xpg, 1313$ for an 576 xpg.
At least 1300$, probleby close to 1400$ is what an 572 xpg will cost us Norwegians.

I'm actually just as interested to see whitch upgrade the 562 xpg will get next year, I can see myself with an 562 xpg wrap!

I have a 2014 562XPG and got a wrap (non heated) for it. I love it, but the updates in 2016 to new style heating elements, cut-outs holes in the top cover to help with heat dissipation, and a new carb to help with hot start issues make me wish I had waited to buy. Now you mention updates coming to the heat wall between the cylinder and carb box and air filter holder make me think I should hold out even longer. And if there will be an update to AT for faster refresh rates, I can also see a coil update and software...

So even though I love my 562xpg, and there isn't anything wrong with it, I'm less in love with it now than I was before I knew it was going to get updates.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2014 562XPG and got a wrap (non heated) for it. I love it, but the updates in 2016 to new style heating elements, cut-outs holes in the top cover to help with heat dissipation, and a new carb to help with hot start issues make me wish I had waited to buy. Now you mention updates coming to the heat wall between the cylinder and carb box and air filter holder make me think I should hold out even longer. And if there will be an update to AT for faster refresh rates, I can also see a coil update and software...

So even though I love my 562xpg, and there isn't anything wrong with it, I'm less in love with it now than I was before I knew it was going to get updates.
I'm just thinking load, but the heat wall, airfilter box, it cost Husky close to nothing to update their 550/560/562 lineup.

Flywheel, coil, AT carb, AT firmware, its a bit more complicated, but as long 572 didnt got any special sensors placed anyplace on it, I can't see a reason why they will not update 550/560/562, but that is on a longer run, or maybe just a wish list from me.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, the AT that is coming out on the 572 is what they are calling "3rd generation" or something like that. (576 was the first) I suspect that will be part of the enhancement also.
yup, and 576 went through the periode without getting the AT v2, right?

I know its a wish list to implement the v3 on 550/562, but both are in their 7th year, both are populare, special 550 is ruling in Sweeden/Norway.

I dont know what you're thinking if they will update their 550/562 with v3 or not, currious to know what your thought is about it.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do think they will, but that's just my opinion, not any inside information. Both chassis are still fairly new and I don't think they would wait 15 years or more until they are replaced and not give them these updates. As far as adding V3 to the 550/562 it could be as simple as just changing the AT module on the carb. Perhaps a coil change, but either way it's not too complicated.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually, the bigger question for a lot of guys will be whether or not these enhancements can be added to earlier saws, and if so at what cost. Could a partition wall and top cover be changed to add the heat barrier to an older saw? We'll have to wait and see. :)

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually, the bigger question for a lot of guys will be whether or not these enhancements can be added to earlier saws, and if so at what cost. Could a partition wall and top cover be changed to add the heat barrier to an older saw? We'll have to wait and see. :)

I think a fair number of the enhancements could be retrofitted to older saws. I could change the top cover (or cut out holes), add in a thermal barrier on the carb box (or even use some thermal tape), and even swap out my carb to an el48. As for the other stuff, I don't know, but cost will be a factor.
The bigger question, for me, is what these enhancements will bring to the experience. I could see spending money on the better air horn/air filter holder if it improves filtration of fines. But I don't have hot start issues or overheating, so I don't know about the carb and thermal barrier and holes in the top cover.
As for AT v3, I have no clue. It isn't out in the wild to compare to yet. But if it was an improvement over v2 I might just sell my saw and buy new- get all the enhancements at once, plus new bearings/seals, piston, piston rings, wear items, etc

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do think they will, but that's just my opinion, not any inside information. Both chassis are still fairly new and I don't think they would wait 15 years or more until they are replaced and not give them these updates. As far as adding V3 to the 550/562 it could be as simple as just changing the AT module on the carb. Perhaps a coil change, but either way it's not too complicated.
we have the same opinion Bob, both 550/562 has 7-8 years left before the 6×× serie comes, and a coil and AT isnt difficult for them to implement

it should be possible, remember, we had a extra heat wall on those oldest 254 that was removable Bob

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the current exchange rate that site shows list prices around $1500 US for the 372 and $1600 for the 572 :eek:

Much like I said in the Stihl 462 thread, I wouldn't be too concerned about the actual price conversion but more focus on the difference between existing models we have over here.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Much like I said in the Stihl 462 thread, I wouldn't be too concerned about the actual price conversion but more focus on the difference between existing models we have over here.

Yeah, I get that there should be about a $100 difference here. I was just shocked that they have to pay so much over there!!!

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It isn't just about being 100 more (is that Swiss Francs?), its that at 1500 for a 372xp, and 1600 for a 572xp, the 572 is just 6.25% more expensive, but offers a ton more enhancements and technology.

If there is any overlap in production/availability, or if dealers have old 372xp stock, it will be tough to sell a 372 non-AT saw that came out in 2010 for MSRP $880 when there is a 572 gen-3 AT saw that just came out in 2018 for ~$930.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If there is any overlap in production/availability, or if dealers have old 372xp stock, it will be tough to sell a 372 non-AT saw that came out in 2010 for MSRP $880 when there is a 572 gen-3 AT saw that just came out in 2018 for ~$930.

Agreed. There will be those who want a manually adjusted carb so I would imagine the 372's would hold their value until stocks are depleted.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed. There will be those who want a manually adjusted carb so I would imagine the 372's would hold their value until stocks are depleted.
Thats true, but when people first got used to the AT's I've not heard many of them who want them traditional carbs back again.
August and September month has been rain weather here in southern Norway, almost like we live in a trophic land, the only saw who has been bullet proof in that weather has been mTronic and AT saws.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The C85 looks a lot like LGX... wonder what the differences are...

I was rewatching the Swedish video and Lars-Erik Larson said if it weren’t for the C85 chain he would get get the 462, but with Husky’s C85 he would take the 572xp.
They said the C85 572xp cut a cookie in 2.2 seconds, the 462 cut the same cookie/log in 3 seconds, and the 572xp cut the cookie with old Husky H42 chain in 4 seconds.

So that made me start looking up more about this C85 chain that can put one saw ahead of the other. What I’ve gleaned from reading is

- better oil management than Husky chain. The C85 has deep oil channels in the driver links whereas the Oregon chain has no oil channels.

- perhaps most importantly, the C85 is a narrow kerf pixel chain. This is probably most responsible for the faster cut times since it takes less power to cut.

Other thinks Husky touts about their new chain: out of the box sharp, pre-stretched, a golden tie strap to help identify start/end filing point, marketing stuff blah blah.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think H48 is LGX chain. I'd like to see it against LGX which is my current favorite!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was rewatching the Swedish video and Lars-Erik Larson said if it weren’t for the C85 chain he would get get the 462, but with Husky’s C85 he would take the 572xp.
They said the C85 572xp cut a cookie in 2.2 seconds, the 462 cut the same cookie/log in 3 seconds, and the 572xp cut the cookie with old Husky H42 chain in 4 seconds.
Then there is no reason why the C85 chain and .058 bar can't be modified to fit the MS462 lol.

I've never had the C85 chain in my hands but from what I see on paper is the C85 is designed and ground to cut like a LGX chain filed 1/3 back. Reason why both chains new out of the box cut differently.
There was a time when a saw filer had to sharpen a new chain to get the proper efficient cutting angles.
Now it seems chains are manufactured to be disposable. Cut good from new then throw away when their rocked out.