High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 562xp Case Crank Replacement Question

logeeland

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell by looking at the saw if the bottom end of the 562 was replaced? The seller says it was done by Husqvarna. I have seen them rebuilt, the color of the crank case gasket was green, but if it was a full factory replacement I would assume they would be black or grey. Any advice would be appreciated.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No assumptions can be made based on the color of the gasket. When was it done, and do you have the 5 screw or 6 screw case? Any case shipped from Husky now will be the 6 screw item. Also, it's very rare that Husky actually works on a customer's saw. They might have stepped in to bail out a dealer who can't rebuild a saw though.

Couple notes on these cases. In line with the recent drop in cylinder prices, 562 cases are mighty cheap. Set of cases with the bearings installed is only about $100. For you guys who want something different, the 560 small mount cases are in stock down there as well. And for those who just hate the silver paint you could order the 555 cases and make yourself an orange cased 560XP. And yes, they have the decals. :)

logeeland

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When I mean Husqvarna I mean being done by the dealer under warranty.

Thank you for the info. I am going to look at the saw this weekend to buy. When you mean 5 screw or 6 screw where are those screws?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The additional case bolt was added to the area under the muffler. Would have to pull the starter to see it. This was done a whjile back so any case that was replaced recently should have that.

Reason for the extra bolt was there was a long space there with no case bolt and there were some oil leaks under the muffler. Had nothing to do with the saw running properly or not.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for sharing this Bob. I have the older 562 and can attest to the leaky crankcase issue. My saw is pretty beat and I'll eventually replace the case.

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also have a leaky case on the used 562 I bought. Maybe it's time for a new case...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The additional case bolt was added to the area under the muffler. Would have to pull the starter to see it. This was done a whjile back so any case that was replaced recently should have that.

Reason for the extra bolt was there was a long space there with no case bolt and there were some oil leaks under the muffler. Had nothing to do with the saw running properly or not.

I'm damn glad to have you posting here Bob. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

logeeland

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought the saw. It had all the work done under warranty and it runs great. The price was too good to pass up. It was not selling on CL. The seller left it filthy in the back of his truck so it looked beat. So I made him an offer he could not refuse.