High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 560BTS blower only runs on 90% choke!

TripleMdan

New OPE Member
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This one has me stumped. Blower starts on choke, but idles rough and when I open choke it runs down and dies as if starving for fuel. Ive been thru all the usual checks and changes, including, in progressive order.......
drained tank and put in fresh mix fuel and pumped through carb to flush. Replaced fuel filter. Replaced both fuel lines, and yes they are plugged in correctly. Loosened cap for venting( is this tank vented in some way?) Removed, cleaned carb and kitted it( suspected fuel pump). Replaced carb.
At the end of all these steps, no change in behavior! At full throttle the only way it will run close to speed is with choke nearly closed. Are these machines susceptible to vacumm leaks enough to cause this?
Any and all tips appreciated.
Dan

e.fisher26

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Does the carb have adjustable jets? How good did the carb get cleaned, ultrasonic cleaned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleMdan

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Non-adjustable, and cleaned carb is in the used parts bin. New carb went on in last step.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pull muffler off. See what happens . Spark arrests get plugged. Sometime dawbers nest in them.

Had this happen to my old hand held stihl blower. The spark arrestor was completely caked up. Cut the spark arrestor off and it’s been working great ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TripleMdan

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Forgot to list that. Yes checked it too. clean and free. Very few hours on the machine

TripleMdan

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Forgot to list that. Yes checked it too. clean and free. Very few hours on the machine
After thought..... that usually prevents an engine from reving because it cant breathe. This one revs up, but needs fuel to do it.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the impulse line to the engine that works the fuel pump clear including the tube going into the crank case?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Compression is good right?

I wonder if putting gobs of castor oil in the block and tilting it around slowly to get it in the bearings and seals well will plug things up well enough for long enough to tell if it could be a leaky seal. It would smoke like crazy and you'd have to be careful to not add so much it hydro locks, 3cc's should be enough.

I meant 3cc's not 30!

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Weak vac signal. Broken piston, rings or straight gassed. Check the piston and ring tension with light pressure. Bad coil is next or shorted kill switch. Flywheel magnets or the crank key. Good luck.

TripleMdan

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No scoring, xlnt compression. Coil, kill switch, magnets, key would cause no run situation. Even tried slowly feeding fuel in with primer. That just floods it and it stalls.
Thanks for the input.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rings are stuck in the lands, at least partially. Pull the cylinder off and clean everything up. If you are careful you can even reuse the gaskets.