Husqvarna 550xp

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
8:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need some help guys. The 550 I won in the raffle has alil problem. It cuts very good but the chain wont quit turning at idle. The drum spins freely and the clutch bearing is fine as is the springs for the clutch. Bruce put me in touch with Lee at LiL Red Barn where the saw came from but they dont know what can be wrong but they r checking for any recalls from husky on that particular serial #. Any ideas on the Autotune guys? Some sort of recalibration?

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How long have you had the saw running since you had it? When I first got my 555 it had a high idle problem as well. From what my dealer told me is that it needed a reflash. After running it wot for over five minutes in wood I no longer had the problem, seems like the Autotune corrected itself. The problem hasn't come back in the years I have had it. Not sure if that helps but just something that happened to me.

If I could get my hands on the Autotune software that would be great, I would just make my own cable to connect to the saw. Would love to see the data in there.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How long have you had the saw running since you had it? When I first got my 555 it had a high idle problem as well. From what my dealer told me is that it needed a reflash. After running it wot for over five minutes in wood I no longer had the problem, seems like the Autotune corrected itself. The problem hasn't come back in the years I have had it. Not sure if that helps but just something that happened to me.

If I could get my hands on the Autotune software that would be great, I would just make my own cable to connect to the saw. Would love to see the data in there.
They mentioned the wot for 7 sec to reset but heck ive cut wot a goood bit and it hasnt corrected yet

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm besides an air leak which would be very unlikely on a new saw, it does sound like the Autotune module needs to be reset. Specifically the TPS if your getting constant high idle. Like you have said, you have run the saw at full throttle in wood for quite a bit and its still doing it. Only way I know to do a TPS reset is with the Autotune software. Some other folks may have another method for resetting it, since it's usb ie being 5 volts I would hope that Husqvarna would have a method to do a hard reset without it. However I have not come across anything like that. That's all I have, sorry I couldn't be more help Keith.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm besides an air leak which would be very unlikely on a new saw, it does sound like the Autotune module needs to be reset. Specifically the TPS if your getting constant high idle. Like you have said, you have run the saw at full throttle in wood for quite a bit and its still doing it. Only way I know to do a TPS reset is with the Autotune software. Some other folks may have another method for resetting it, since it's usb ie being 5 volts I would hope that Husqvarna would have a method to do a hard reset without it. However I have not come across anything like that. That's all I have, sorry I couldn't be more help Keith.
Funny thing is its not idling what id consider high but the chain turns. Thanks tho

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm besides an air leak which would be very unlikely on a new saw.

Typically......you'd be correct.
The 550 has had its share of transfer cover gaskets being torn and intake boots being folded over right outta the box.

My buddy (rparrotte85) just bought a new 550 a month ago. They've been chasing gremlins in it since he bought it.
After 5-6 trips to the dealer, they replaced the entire saw yesterday.