High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 550xp pop up

WoodsliverDan

Mechanical Beaver Builder
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just want to know and learn more if anyone does know... they seemed pretty similar in construction.

Different crankcase, different case volume. They take to porting a lot better too. The 550 doesn't take porting as well, in my opinion and findings.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@WoodsliverDan
Going to call you Double Down Dan, take off the tin foil hat, there is no grassy knoll conspiracy here. Scott has a 110% solid record of being a straight shooter. He's never misled anyone ever, been cryptic at times to inspire thought, but never misleading. So why would he ruin his entire reputation he spent over two of your life times trying to build over a saw with no vidja. I know for a fact there are lots of saws he's done with no vidja. Get it through your head, he's a Stihl dealer and is promoting them for (what I thought were) obvious reasons. You keep this goofy chit up and ain't nobody going to want to help you, at all.

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@WoodsliverDan
Going to call you Double Down Dan, take off the tin foil hat, there is no grassy knoll conspiracy here. Scott has a 110% solid record of being a straight shooter. He's never misled anyone ever, been cryptic at times to inspire thought, but never misleading. So why would he ruin his entire reputation he spent over two of your life times trying to build over a saw with no vidja. I know for a fact there are lots of saws he's done with no vidja. Get it through your head, he's a Stihl dealer and is promoting them for (what I thought were) obvious reasons. You keep this goofy chit up and ain't nobody going to want to help you, at all.

That's fine, I see how the hierarchy works around here. Big names can come in a post and say nothing of value and you're suppose to follow, correct? I guess I don't want any information from people that act like that. Scott, old no doubt but I reckon he's not that old.

Also, I guess no one else has a video of a tree monkey 550xp, or even talked about one, since I've done a search on the term tree monkey 550xp. Either there is none, or they're not worth talking about.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, he can chime in on a 562 forum then. Although the 550 and 562 are made off the same design, they're not the same. They don't mod simular at all.

Build thread. Lol!!!! No wonder you're looking for advice. You don't do this much do you. And before you go there, yes I have ported 550XP's and 562's.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Build thread. Lol!!!! No wonder you're looking for advice. You don't do this much do you. And before you go there, yes I have ported 550XP's and 562's.

I was originally asking if anyone had more overheating issues when advancing timing. Good lord. Never asked for any help.

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I also said this was one of my first build threads. I thought it would be interesting for all since there is none on a 550 pop up. Instead it turned into a tree monkey circle jerk.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also said this was one of my first build threads. I thought it would be interesting for all since there is none on a 550 pop up. Instead it turned into a tree monkey circle jerk.
Sorry your in the middle please carry on.I for one would like to learn more about this saw.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found my 562 responded a bit better to advance than the 2253 (550). Both gained torque from it though. Make sure you copy that cooling slot in the topcover the new saws have if yours don’t already have it. Gut the muff as much as you can. It’s worth the temperature reduction.
And you got a knowledgeable answer on page 1 before you started acting like a jerk. Prolly the last tidbit you'll get with your attitude around here. Scott would have been more than helpful.....IF you would have listened with an open mind. I can vouch for that from first hand experience with Scott. Just sayin

WoodsliverDan

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And you got a knowledgeable answer on page 1 before you started acting like a jerk. Prolly the last tidbit you'll get with your attitude around here. Scott would have been more than helpful.....IF you would have listened with an open mind. I can vouch for that from first hand experience with Scott. Just sayin

Right, cept I wasn't being a jerk.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'Lite' mods? Uhh ok. Compression, rpms and timing create heat. This saw is already known to overheat. Maybe stick to a saw you're more familiar with, I'm looking for real answers on this model. Thanks.
Jerk, douchebag, same same.
Now,
Where is that damn hammer?