High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 55 project

Bryan Barrow

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If it is a stock carburetor and mostly stock saw, open the Low screw 1 turn and leave the High screw closed. Leaving the High screw closed will ensure that the High speed system is not effecting the Low speed adjustment. Start the saw and set the idle at 3,000 with the idle screw. Slowly turn in the low screw, what you are looking for is about a 200-250 RPM rise before the RPM falls off again. If the RPM rises more than that, then readjust the idle with the Low screw turned 3/4 turn out. If there is little to no rise while turning in the Low screw set the Low screw to 1 1/4 turns out and reset idle and recheck for RPM rise as you slowly screw in the Low screw. Note: with every Low screw adjustment you will need to reset the Idle RPM.

Once you have achieved a 200-250 RPM rise while turning in the Low screw move on to the High screw. Open the High screw 1 turn and check "wide open throttle" RPM. The MAX RPM for that saw Husqvarna publishes is 12,500 RPM. To increase the MAX RPM slowly turn in the High screw, to decrease the MAX RPM turn out the High screw.

There may be other successful ways to adjust the carburetor, but this is what works for me. Always adjust the Low screw and idle first as the Low jet continues to feed fuel at "wide open throttle", then move on to the High.

I tried that and still wouldn’t run right. I’m having Russel Wicks look at it for seal leaks. If there are none, could it be a faulty carb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have checked the condition of the small pulse grommet in the cylinder, and the threads in the plastic bulkhead that holds the carb? those are the first things you have to check on these saws.

Michael Rupley

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get inside that Carb and give it new diaphrams and cleaning. That tiny screen is worth looking at. Mike

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That procedure by Billie Currie is almost word by word as published by Echo on a CS400. It works very well as stated and thanks for the input Billy.