High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 543xp chainsaw build. Needs more power.

Allen Miller

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This is a good running saw just needs more power. Right now fell like a toy . I'm thinking of dropping cylinder raise compression to 180 psi also port cylinder and change port timing if need to . That were I'd like help . Also mufler mods. I want to build to use tried to trade off no body really wasn't interested so must not be a very popular saw. So anybody out there done any porting work on this saw would love to have your input. I'm not start on this project until I get some helpful information. Have a spare oem cylinder ordering a new piston rings. Stock husqvarna rings ok or should I check and see if caber makes rings for this saw. Thanks
ef07638cb24fd5f941d920f296d6fa44.jpg
44b9169aa03516ce8ae76f40af4db9fc.jpg
cf2920ec3dbe656ce9a3e8c4969e61a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

1Pitbullman

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Jump up to a Real Chainsaw! Just kidding seriously, what are you doin with Saw? Soft wood , limbing, bucking oak or ? That’s the Real question when sizing a saw. I have a Husqvarna 55 bone stock , that fills many of my needs . I also started 30 plus years ago with a Grey top 61 Husqvarna. It is still running strong! Why I Am A Real Husky Fan!

Allen Miller

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jump up to a Real Chainsaw! Just kidding seriously, what are you doin with Saw? Soft wood , limbing, bucking oak or ? That’s the Real question when sizing a saw. I have a Husqvarna 55 bone stock , that fills many of my needs . I also started 30 plus years ago with a Grey top 61 Husqvarna. It is still running strong! Why I Am A Real Husky Fan!
Took this saw in on trade and i have a lot of chainsaw. Any from a 036 044 046 064 066 660 in the stihl line. The husqvarna 346xp 550xp and this turd of a saw I've tried to get rid of this saw for 2 years. My girlfriend won't even use this saw says it's a toy. I just fuqered I'm stuck with so time to do something with. I'm going to try something but don't know a lot about the xtorq cylinders . The way I see this if I don't improve it I'm not out of much.

1Pitbullman

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Took this saw in on trade and i have a lot of chainsaw. Any from a 036 044 046 064 066 660 in the stihl line. The husqvarna 346xp 550xp and this turd of a saw I've tried to get rid of this saw for 2 years. My girlfriend won't even use this saw says it's a toy. I just fuqered I'm stuck with so time to do something with. I'm going to try something but don't know a lot about the xtorq cylinders . The way I see this if I don't improve it I'm not out of much.

I think that Bob, from Ashoken Turf and Timber said the 543 is actually made by Redmax! I don’t even know what that means... But it’s light, and maybe Great for a Entry level limbing Saw for working in tree or out of bucket on manlift. I Don’t think that anything will make a 40cc Saw anyway impressive!!! Porting and pop up piston is a lot of work for very little gain with that mini motor.

Allen Miller

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think that Bob, from Ashoken Turf and Timber said the 543 is actually made by Redmax! I don’t even know what that means... But it’s light, and maybe Great for a Entry level limbing Saw for working in tree or out of bucket on manlift. I Don’t think that anything will make a 40cc Saw anyway impressive!!! Porting and pop up piston is a lot of work for very little gain with that mini motor.
Ya I agree and it is made in Japan i have a lot of spare time at work so I'm going to experiment with it.

1Pitbullman

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cool! Let me know how it turns out. I would only first do muffler mod. Gut the muffler and enlarge hole about 50% . Remove carb limiters and adjust to new flow. Then I would only widen and reshape Intake and exhaust ports 10-20% (so you don’t Ruin it) you can Always go bigger later. Sometimes The Shape has more efffect than Size. Go Too much , and it will be counterproductive! Ask me ho I know...

1Pitbullman

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One more idea. Have you tried a non safety chain? You would Not Believe How Much DIFFERENCE A good chain makes. My wife had a Craftsman 36cc chainsaw, and the Homeowner Saftey chain was a Joke ! A Total Piece of Dung! Went to a chisel chain and made it a totally different animal!

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pull the base gasket. the muffler doesn't choke it down much. but you can increase flow some

the carb limiters are different you can not just cut the tabs. I don't know how you would bypass them you need a special tool to change the limiter settings.

Allen Miller

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pull the base gasket. the muffler doesn't choke it down much. but you can increase flow some

the carb limiters are different you can not just cut the tabs. I don't know how you would bypass them you need a special tool to change the limiter settings.
I bought a brand new oem cylinder off eBay for 30 bucks that should of been a sine there. After looking at it. I don't know we're it was casted at but they done a damn good job . In die cast thin wall small cored area's are hard to do. I've worked for 2 very large die cast factories and they couldn't of casted this jug with that quality . To me looks like there not a lot you can do or unless weld and build up under transfer plates. Don't know going to thank about this but there always ebay .

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Zenoah/redmax makes very good engines. Hope you tossed the safety chain because that makes a big difference. The hole on the muffler isn't very restrictive but it won't hurt to enlarge it a little. The cylinder design is similar to the older husqy xtorq pro model saws but is a full zenoah/redmax design based on the Original gz400 cylinder from the early 2000s. Like you stated this isn't a popular saw so I would look at what mods people have done to the gz400/ryobi ry10532, alot of people have the ryobi version because it was cheap at 120$ new in 07.

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bringing this thread back to life....did you end up dropping the cylinder and porting it?

I am in the process of porting one of these saws right now....

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There excellent porting right ups on the Ryobi 10532. Pics, numbers, lots of details worth checking out.

Jake Dykstra

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figured I'd dig this up again. Anyone else port one of these little rippers? I did a base gasket delete and hogged out the holes pretty good. Also gutted the muff. Runs alright but needs more compression. Think I'll get a pop up and drop the jug some.