RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello fellas.
I have this Husky 55 on the bench and I can't get it to stop leaking fuel out of the tank vent.
I've replaced it with a new OEM vent with no change.

I've looked through a few of the threads but didn't find much talk about the vent being an issue.

Thanks for the help!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When does it leak fuel? All the time? Or weeps slightly when refueling? (which is somewhat normal to an extent from what I have seen on the older pre-epa design tank vents).

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When does it leak fuel? All the time? Or weeps slightly when refueling? (which is somewhat normal to an extent from what I have seen on the older pre-epa design tank vents).
When the saw has a 1/2 tank or more and it is being moved around (Using it, in the back of the truck or side by side).
Right now I have 3/4's of a tank in it and when it on the bench I can move / rock it around for a few seconds and I notice it seeping fuel out of the tank vent.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When the saw has a 1/2 tank or more and it is being moved around (Using it, in the back of the truck or side by side).
Right now I have 3/4's of a tank in it and when it on the bench I can move / rock it around for a few seconds and I notice it seeping fuel out of the tank vent.
That’s not normal, and you said your positive it has every part of the tank vent in there?

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s not normal, and you said your positive it has every part of the tank vent in there?
Yeah. The new tank vent came with the plastic tapered straw looking piece that goes into the tank and there is a small white piece of vent material that presses into the end of it.

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds to me like the tank vent isn't seated properly.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm pretty sure its seated properly. I even cleaned everything well and put some Dirko on the stem of the vent to make sure.
When I move the saw around then shine a light at the tank vent, I can see fuel seeping / bubbling out of the vent material.
The old and new vent do the same thing.

I'm trying to come up with a reliable way to use an Echo vent or even an MS170/180 duck bill vent but I haven't found a solution.

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have. Yes my 51 was leaking mix in the place you mentioned.To correct this I took the vent out of my parts warehouse.In other words my 55.Anyway with a punch I tapped the one out of the 55 then removed the leaking one from the 51. Tapped the one from the 55 into the 51. It still leaked. Then I got a bigger hammer and gently tapped it. It is now in it's place and no more leaks.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn't the white disc have one side smoother than the other? ( I really had to look hard) I was told it is directional.
?? Smooth/slick side to tank?????