High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 460 24-Inch

Alice Harvey

Active OPE Member
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Is anyone in this forum using Husqvarna 460 24-Inch? Want to know about the performance of this chainsaw model. Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My firewood buddy has one and it has been a great saw. It struggles a little with the bar completely buried in hardwood. I’d does a lot better with the 20” bar. In soft wood with a sharp chain in is a go getter. The 562xp is the pro class saw and cuts a little faster but is much more expensive.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't used one but have a stihl saw same size. The 390. I know it would be a dog in oak with a 24" "blade". Now that 390 I have seen @adirondakstihl build would definitely pull it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
;)

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Power not the problem. I would keep an eye on proper oiling.
Well the saw the OP is posting about comes from the factory with a 24" bar so I would think they have the oiling part figured out. Power would be what I would be concerned with. Need to be in soft wood or use skip.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will run it fine. Just not as well as say a 562 or 372. Don't lower the rakers to far and fatten the high speed needle a touch. Every 455 or 460 I have ever had through was on the lean side slightly. The 24" will make it run that much hotter. But power wise it will be fine enough for firewood. Won't win any races but it will get it done without being a total dog. Especially if you run skip.

Steven

Alice Harvey

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My firewood buddy has one and it has been a great saw. It struggles a little with the bar completely buried in hardwood. I’d does a lot better with the 20” bar. In soft wood with a sharp chain in is a go getter. The 562xp is the pro class saw and cuts a little faster but is much more expensive.
Thanks a lot

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be perfectly honest my 24" 460 R is a great saw, but never should have been sold with that long of a bar on it, stalled in the cut constantly using the whole bar. I had mine ported and it handles it just fine now. So $ combined, I should have bought a bigger saw and been happy from the get go. Otherwise the 460 has been a very dependable saw for me, always starts up right away and runs well without issue.
Saw after being ported.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be perfectly honest my 24" 460 R is a great saw, but never should have been sold with that long of a bar on it, stalled in the cut constantly using the whole bar. I had mine ported and it handles it just fine now. So $ combined, I should have bought a bigger saw and been happy from the get go. Otherwise the 460 has been a very dependable saw for me, always starts up right away and runs well without issue.
Saw after being ported.

I have noticed that when looking at those at Fleet Farm and always thought they had a bar 2-4" longer than they really should on all of them.
Why? marketing? To one up your neighbor? I don't really understand their thought process on that.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have noticed that when looking at those at Fleet Farm and always thought they had a bar 2-4" longer than they really should on all of them.
Why? marketing? To one up your neighbor? I don't really understand their thought process on that.

I'm not sure, but would speculate that in that type of marketplace, the length of the "blade" determines the sale.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran 455 that was loosing compression and power when hot with a new 24" skip chain, fully buried it was pretty slow, about like a 372xp with a buried full comp 28".

So, I imagine a 460 with skip chain would do well enough for many average farm owner / firewood cutters.

Me though, I gotta have my aggressive 2188 for any size firewood. If it's not through a cut by the time I'm standing in position to make the next, it's too slow.

Get a 590 echo it will actually pull that bar. And it’s cheaper.
And quieter

Last edited:

Alice Harvey

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Saw after being ported.
Thanks a lot. Now I have no confusion about this model :):)