High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 45

Jim Comer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The 45 will start up on second pull, hit trigger it will go to idling which it would idle until it runs out of gas but the minute you pull that trigger it will die every time? Any thoughts

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dirty, tried carb. Maybe its time for a freshen up.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 45 will start up on second pull, hit trigger it will go to idling which it would idle until it runs out of gas but the minute you pull that trigger it will die every time? Any thoughts

Your saw's carburetor is not feeding enough fuel in the low speed secondary circuits to get to the high speed, hence the stall out. You could try to open the L screw and see if any change is made, if that corrects it, your carb diaphragms are getting stiffer not allowing fuel to flow in like it did when they were nice and limber. I on the other hand, no change is made and the saw still dies out, there may be a blockage in part of the low speed circuit, a problem with the fuel delivery(line pinched/collapsed, dirty filter etc.) the screen inside may be covered with debris, or the diaphragms are either too stiff or leaking internally. So time to R/R the carburetor with a new filter and possibly new fuel line. Good time to check the air filter, spark plug and muffler screens and get your saw off to a good start.
Good luck with your power saw.

Jim Comer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Okay, went on line bought fuel line and return line it stated they would fit 045,049,055 problem is nothing like the ones on it plus the diameter is to big, also thought I would try a china carburetor nothing like the one on it, so I guess what I am asking could you please point me in the direction of the right parts? thanks

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay, went on line bought fuel line and return line it stated they would fit 045,049,055 problem is nothing like the ones on it plus the diameter is to big, also thought I would try a china carburetor nothing like the one on it, so I guess what I am asking could you please point me in the direction of the right parts? thanks

Sometimes there just ain't nothing like the real thing. https://shop.opesupply.com/OEMpartfinder.htm

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This might sound stupid but do the call it a fuel line and return line because I don’t see it in your link?

It's there, look up your saw and then the sub section, I believe the fuel line is under "crankcase" on that particular saw.

Jim Comer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's there, look up your saw and then the sub section, I believe the fuel line is under "crankcase" on that particular saw.

Found it thanks! Do you sale Stihl parts also?