High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 394xp ... splitting a case without a splitter!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was just about to ask about removing the bearings from the crank, then I watched the second half of the vid.. LOL! I have the Husky crank splitter tool for non-stuffer saws, but that won't work for the stuffer saws. Your method using heat and a bearing puller would work perfect for stuffer saws if one doesn't want to buy the stuffer saw case splitters. I've been told one stuffer case splitter does not work on all stuffer models, there are a couple different pullers. This looks like the solution for the average Joe who might only need to split a stuffer case occasionally.

Thanks for posting! :)

And don't feel bad about the case screw, first 394 I split I did not remove the inner bucking dog and missed the screw hidden underneath it. :D

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea.... this works just fine.

I destroyed a 262xp case by missing the screw under the dog...or...not thinking those WERE case bolts lol

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice video! If you put a little never-seize compound on the tip and on the threads of your puller it will create a lot less friction making it easier to turn the jack bolt. Handyman tip of the day ;)
Never seize, couple drops of motor oil, just about anything along those lines makes it easier... Good tip :)

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice video! If you put a little never-seize compound on the tip and on the threads of your puller it will create a lot less friction making it easier to turn the jack bolt. Handyman tip of the day ;)
I can take a q-tip size drop of anti seize and have it on everything in the shop!

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can take a q-tip size drop of anti seize and have it on everything in the shop!
It must be scientifically formulated to do that! I use it almost everyday at work and I find it behind my ears, on my socks, on my money clip in my pocket. I mean seriously, how is that possible!?