Husqvarna 372 Repair Thread

decableguy2000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn't say or I haven't found it in the manual. It says to drive them home.372.PNG

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't find a specific depth listed anywhere either. Many other saws in the older service manual have specific depths listed.
Should be able to measure the tool itself to determine the actual depth the seal will be when driven home. Would kinda like to know, myself.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While we're in here, how do you remove the carb adjustment screw limiters on an XT carb... the ones that look like a metal ring around the screw, sandwiched between the screw's edge and the housing of the carb?

Reason I ask... is I maybe will void the warranty and finally get around to a muffler mod... depends on what I decide. Did a search here with a few different terms and can't find anything on it.

Edit: Looked on youtube and AS as well, can't find anything on it.

Edit 2: Finally found it... took a bit more searching. Apparently the silver rings have to be pressed into the housing, and the screw turned all the way out and removed before they can be modified or removed altogether.

Last edited:

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't find a specific depth listed anywhere either. Many other saws in the older service manual have specific depths listed.
Should be able to measure the tool itself to determine the actual depth the seal will be when driven home. Would kinda like to know, myself.

.240 below the raised ring.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think I'm probably closer to 1/8~3/16's. At least it's not up against the inner race of the bearing and holds solid vac and pressure. Gonna run with it as is and not look back. Nice to know there's a little more wiggle room on the next one, tho.

Thanks.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While we're in here, how do you remove the carb adjustment screw limiters on an XT carb... the ones that look like a metal ring around the screw, sandwiched between the screw's edge and the housing of the carb?

Reason I ask... is I maybe will void the warranty and finally get around to a muffler mod... depends on what I decide. Did a search here with a few different terms and can't find anything on it.

Edit: Looked on youtube and AS as well, can't find anything on it.

Edit 2: Finally found it... took a bit more searching. Apparently the silver rings have to be pressed into the housing, and the screw turned all the way out and removed before they can be modified or removed altogether.
Can’t remove the rings completely or the springs won’t have anything to seat in. Just have to trim the metal off the back of them. You’ll see how they work once you get them apart.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice thread Joe @Onan18 , Have a tech question, have a fella with a 362 that would like some more power and is interested in doing a 372 cylinder. When I look at the IPL I see three different ones, what are the differences between them and which one is the one I want/need?

Image.gif

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice thread Joe @Onan18 , Have a tech question, have a fella with a 362 that would like some more power and is interested in doing a 372 cylinder. When I look at the IPL I see three different ones, what are the differences between them and which one is the one I want/need?

View attachment 125714
Epa cylinder is the 2 ring I think and the other the single ring would be my educated guess. I’d take the one that was cheaper honestly.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 125714

Steve they cost exactly the same, I would personally go with the non EPA cylinder. I know for a fact it comes with the single ring piston and I personally like that better.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Onan18 show us all how to replace the throttle cable when you get a chance. I had a real "good" time when I had to do mine...
First time is hard. Pop the pin out, put throttle cable in trigger put it back, use floss to pull it back through housing. Or you can just undo the springs and limiters to get more room but that takes longer.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah. The camera work and attention to detail leave just a little to be desired. LOL

Biggest pain in the ass for me was figuring out the spring orientation. The rest seemed fairly straightforward. I actually did mine a few times just for the punishme..., I mean practice. Obviously easier when ya know how!