TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I enjoy it very much. Handles what ever size bar you like, snappy throttle response. It has ceramic hybrid bearings in the bottom end as well

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah ok. I need to check my last build and see if mine is there. I’m not recalling it for some reason

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry Joe! I gut busy earlier and forgot to make that technical adjustment for you about the routing of the blue ignition wire. Lol
So, anyways...I noticed an oversight on how the blue wire is in front of the black spark plug wire when it should be behind it. It's important that it goes behind the plug wire so it doesn't migrate down into the flywheel and pawls.
20180107_193636.jpg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry Joe! I gut busy earlier and forgot to make that technical adjustment for you about the routing of the blue ignition wire. Lol
So, anyways...I noticed an oversight on how the blue wire is in front of the black spark plug wire when it should be behind it. It's important that it goes behind the plug wire so it doesn't migrate down into the flywheel and pawls.
View attachment 105809
I’m pretty sure Joe has it right but I could be wrong. It presses into that slot and there are tabs holding it in place I believe.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 105809

I’m pretty sure Joe has it right but I could be wrong. It presses into that slot and there are tabs holding it in place I believe.

You are both correct, Jim the blue wire should go under the coil wire and Mason there are tabs in the air deflector to hold it in place.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20180104_143808.jpg
Flywheel side in.​

How much wiggle room exists between the seal and bearing? When I pulled the seal on this one it seemed to be about as deep as I have the new one. Your pic has it quite a bit more shallow..., presumably using the correct seal tool to tap it in? Just wondering if I should pull this one and not go as deep with a new one before getting much further along. My first complete 372 rebuild with another one in the wings. Would like to do em both right the first time. (The crumbs are dried Dirko, btw.)

0125181918_resized.jpg

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much wiggle room exists between the seal and bearing? When I pulled the seal on this one it seemed to be about as deep as I have the new one. Your pic has it quite a bit more shallow..., presumably using the correct seal tool to tap it in? Just wondering if I should pull this one and not go as deep with a new one before getting much further along. My first complete 372 rebuild with another one in the wings. Would like to do em both right the first time. (The crumbs are dried Dirko, btw.)

There is a bit of fudge factor, I just drive the seals in with a socket. I have seen seals as deep as yours with no ill affects.