Husqvarna 372 crankshaft am

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rebuild a lot of 365-372 saws and just wondering if there are any good quality crankshafts available besides oem which are overpriced imo, have a few FT ones sitting in my stash but not sure if I want to use them, been using good used oem ones up until now.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not had good luck with AM crank shafts OTHER than the ones in the pre-built g372,g372xp, and g372xp. Those are "as delivered" ( not tweaked in any way...yet) and to this point have not come apart. The one's I used with the 52mm builds didn't survive the experience. Think I showed one in one of the video's. SO if the saw is to be a typical OPE built special, I strongly suggest finding an OEM crank to this point. I do not have any experience with AM cranks from other than Huztl/Farmertec so it is certainly possible there are better AM options....I'll be watching to see if there are!

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think about minute 20 or so discuss one of those dead AM cranks, this one from a Farmertec "Short Block", so since this was the first and ONLY short block assembly, it is a sample of one as who knows if the cranks u buy direct come from the same source. I have seen at least two different cranks from FT, both failed in my warmed up saws.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rebuild a lot of 365-372 saws and just wondering if there are any good quality crankshafts available besides oem which are overpriced imo, have a few FT ones sitting in my stash but not sure if I want to use them, been using good used oem ones up until now.

Hit and miss at best in my experience. Might want to try and find some more good used ones.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for your input guys, good things are worth waiting for, I have a pretty good trap line in my area so I don't imagine it will be long before a few more unhappy saws will show up for parts, - a couple of long awaited 395's showed up last nite with long awaited perfect cases, got lots of parts for those 2 sweethearts.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much on eBay for used OEM, either.

I’ve used one AM crankshaft and I wouldn’t use another unless they’ve changed suppliers.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yesterday I got a 372xt come into my possession that needs a new top end and a good going over, probably will become an xp which is my preferred saw to tweek.- think I will bin the 3 am cranks that are taking up space:)

Darryll

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just had a piston come apart on me today in my 372. The rod looks ok but I think its probably toast. So this is a good read about the AM cranks.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just picked up another xpt in a box all in pieces and clean, crank excellent with those Husqvarna numbers and logo on it- since the cylinder is also excellent it will be built as an xpt