Husqvarna 36 strange problem

chrissalas1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi
I have on my bench a husqvarna 36 that came to me because had starting problem.I found the ignition coil cable was broken and had no spark.I repaired the cable so i started it.When moving the saw up and down goes off so i think it has an air leak.Removing the flywheel for preparing for pressure testing i found that the crankshaft goes in and out(not up and down).So i teared down whole chainsaw and i found that the bearings on the crankshaft goes in and out very very easy(very loose).I tried an aftermarket crankshaft and the same happens.The bearings i tried are 6201 c3.Should i try 6201 c2?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi
I have on my bench a husqvarna 36 that came to me because had starting problem.I found the ignition coil cable was broken and had no spark.I repaired the cable so i started it.When moving the saw up and down goes off so i think it has an air leak.Removing the flywheel for preparing for pressure testing i found that the crankshaft goes in and out(not up and down).So i teared down whole chainsaw and i found that the bearings on the crankshaft goes in and out very very easy(very loose).I tried an aftermarket crankshaft and the same happens.The bearings i tried are 6201 c3.Should i try 6201 c2?

Yes, the bearings on some of the smaller saws are a slip fit. Make sure the bearings are slid all the way on the crank when reassembling.

chrissalas1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, the bearings on some of the smaller saws are a slip fit. Make sure the bearings are slid all the way on the crank when reassembling.
First time seeing that very loose fit.Sould i try c2 clearance?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First time seeing that very loose fit.Sould i try c2 clearance?

If I understand it right, this wouldn't change your shaft fit at all. The C rating is the ball clearance inside the bearing I am told.

From the sample of small saws like this I have repaired the slip fit on the crank is normal. The new seal will hold it in its proper location.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It should be possible to use one of the LokTite 600 formulas (661, 648, 690, etc.) or similar products to secure the bearing in position. They are designed specifically for such a task.

Mark

chrissalas1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It should be possible to use one of the LokTite 600 formulas (661, 648, 690, etc.) or similar products to secure the bearing in position. They are designed specifically for such a task.

Mark
I have the loctite 620.I don't know if it will hold due to the temperature.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used 690 in the past for bearings and seals, but it seems the 690 number is no longer valid. I am not sure which of the new numbers would be the replacement but I expect they have a formula that works at crankcase temperature.

Mark