High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 359 chain / bar / sprocket problem

Markhv

OPE Member
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was in the woods today cutting some slabs for a shed we are building.

The saw I use is a second hand Husqvarna 359 apparently with only 30 hours on the clock.

It came with a 20" bar with a 3/8 chain. The saw is born with a 0.325" chain - save that info for later!

Well I got myself a 28" 0,050" 93DL Oregon bar and fitted it with an Oregon 91R001E 3/8", 0,05" chain (ripping chain, filed in 5 degrees).

It slabbed the larch beautifully, I would actually say you would not be able to see the difference between these chainsaw milled slabs or some bandsaw milled ones.

After making nine slabs from one trunk, I started on the next one. Suddenly I began to experience lack of power.

I filed the chain and noticed a "crackingly", rattle sound from the sprocket. I have noted this before and thought it was normal for the saw since I have been slabbing three trunks with the 20" bar it came with without a problem. There is no noise when the saw runs.

I noticed that all of the drive links was burred on the chain. I then took a look at the sprocket and realized that it must be worn out. I called my father and he picked a new sprocket up for me. We swapped in the woods and noticed that the old sprocket was 0.325". We assumed that the problem must hat been this.

After filing 2 x 93 burrs off the drive links, assembled the whole thing again and was ready to go milling again.

Unfortunately where was still a lack of power - the drive links was burred again causing an excessive amount of friction between the chain and the bar.

Do you wise people have any suggestions to what can cause this problem?

Markhv

OPE Member
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry for posting twice. The internet connection where I live is very thin... I might have spammed the "post" button...