JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
11:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just the tip of the iceberg, lol...

That's an old pic, probably have twice that many by now and don't think I've even bought one in the past year or so.
There seems to be a chit ton of them around here, usually find 'em complete/non running in the $10-$60 range.
Or they show up in numbers along with the pile 'o saws acquisitions, then it's more like $5.

At the time I was making an effort to accumulate a bunch so I could set each one up with a different level/combo of mods and dyno them. Point being mostly to see just where the gains were coming from and what were the easiest/best-bang-for-the-buck mods.

All have oem 45mm cylinders, one is stock and the rest have various incremental mods, from muffler only to hot woods port.

Between all the typical mods (various muffler openings, timing advance, base gasket delete, flat top piston, opened up lower transfers, time/area alterations, etc), it's amazing how many different combinations are possible.

Was in the midst of cataloging it all and got them all mixed up and other than the woods ported ones, no longer know which is what, lol.
Which means 10 of them need to come back apart...
That photo session takes part of the blame.

Then the software end of the dyno project fizzled out and they're still just sitting, waiting...
'Cept the ported ones, I use those two a lot.
Thats downright impressive! I think we need the updated photo now;)

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
11:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The parts came in for my 350, so I put er together today, it needed an oil pump, a chain catcher and the heat shield at the muffler, I also added a 346 muffler support.
I put 16'' .058 bar on it, the only .058 chain I could find was a square filed, looked like crap, different angle top plate, different length cutters but it was sharp.
It ran like crap for a bit but straightened up, I put in into my pine log & that little saw just blew my mind, it isn't getting a 346 cyl. for a while, I aint touching that chain either.