High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 350 intake adapter removal

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is there a way to get this intake adapter off without removing the cylinder? I see the plastic clamp on the adapter,but there doesn't seem to be enough clearance to pull it off. Thanks all...2020-01-03 16.11.29.jpg

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried doing it last weekend with my 346xp and there's not enough room to. I'd just lift the cylinder and turn the crank just enough to get it high enough to remove intake.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well i pulled the cylinder to look at the intake manifold. It all looked good. No cracks, pulse ports were clear. Cylinder looked good. Double checked the fuel line and filter. I'm still not getting pulse and I can't get it figured out why.

Any other suggestions?

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I once picked up a seized 350 that someone had put an after market cheap 346 jug on, however, the 350 & 346 take there impulse slightly different and they did not grind the port in the case or use the proper base gasket with the port in it.
I don't know how the saw ran long enough to seize.
In your pic of the saw I don't see any transfer cover screws on the cyl. by the flywheel so it is either a 44 m/m cyl. or maybe somebody changed it.

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well i pulled the cylinder to look at the intake manifold. It all looked good. No cracks, pulse ports were clear. Cylinder looked good. Double checked the fuel line and filter. I'm still not getting pulse and I can't get it figured out why.

Any other suggestions?

Did you get a look at the gasket on the jug. If it was rebuilt at some point the gasket could be covering the impulse transfer.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I once picked up a seized 350 that someone had put an after market cheap 346 jug on, however, the 350 & 346 take there impulse slightly different and they did not grind the port in the case or use the proper base gasket with the port in it.
I don't know how the saw ran long enough to seize.
In your pic of the saw I don't see any transfer cover screws on the cyl. by the flywheel so it is either a 44 m/m cyl. or maybe somebody changed it.
There are no transfer covers on the jug. It does have. 44 in ink stamped on the top of it.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Did you get a look at the gasket on the jug. If it was rebuilt at some point the gasket could be covering the impulse transfer.
I did not see any ports on the gasket, except for a little square part that stuck out from the main gasket. But I didn't notice if there was a port in the cases. Don't remember seeing one anyway. Might putt the jug off again and have a look.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In the pic n
Below, you can see the impulse line. It just goes from one nipple to.another on the intake boot. Looks like it pulls impulse from the intake port, and transfers the pulse to anport in the carb. Does that seem correct for this saw? I can pull the carb and send a better pic of needed.

20200106_090243.jpg

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 350 doesn't have a port in the gasket, it takes impulse from inside the cyl. skirt, maybe you should pull the cyl. and check the passage in it.
Or pull the carb off & find a way to blow thru that impulse line into the cyl or try to make it blow bubbles with soap water when pulling the starter rope.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The 350 doesn't have a port in the gasket, it takes impulse from inside the cyl. skirt, maybe you should pull the cyl. and check the passage in it.
Or pull the carb off & find a way to blow thru that impulse line into the cyl or try to make it blow bubbles with soap water when pulling the starter rope.
I have tried all that. Still no joy...

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vac/pressure test to check for lower end blowout ala @huskihl thought.
I’ve found lower half pedestal fasteners loose and cause vac check fail.
Why do think there’s no impulse? Did you pull the line off the carb side of the impulse line and crank it?

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Vac/pressure test to check for lower end blowout ala @huskihl thought.
I’ve found lower half pedestal fasteners loose and cause vac check fail.
Why do think there’s no impulse? Did you pull the line off the carb side of the impulse line and crank it?
Yes I did and no fuel present at the fuel line at the carb.

I can back/ pressure test the bottom end, I just do have good blockoffs for everything.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A big air leak in the bottom end maybe. Seals or the bottom pan
Didn't really notice. Can I get to the bottom pan to check it by just taking off the clutch and see it there? Never have one of these that far down.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't really notice. Can I get to the bottom pan to check it by just taking off the clutch and see it there? Never have one of these that far down.
You can check if the 4 bolts are tight on the bottom of the pan. Have to remove the gas tank/handle to access them I believe. But if they’re loose, I doubt tightening would fix the leak. It would have to be disassembled and new seals/bearings installed. The seals are behind the clutch/oil pump and the other is behind the flywheel for identifying the source of the leak. You’d need to pressure/vacuum test to find the leak

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You can check if the 4 bolts are tight on the bottom of the pan. Have to remove the gas tank/handle to access them I believe. But if they’re loose, I doubt tightening would fix the leak. It would have to be disassembled and new seals/bearings installed. The seals are behind the clutch/oil pump and the other is behind the flywheel for identifying the source of the leak. You’d need to pressure/vacuum test to find the leak
Got it, thanks.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I pressure/vac tested before tearing it all down. It passed both tests. Pulled thecylinder again to double check the intake boot. Took it all apart and didn't find any cracks or perferations. Going to order the upgraded boot and metal clamp, though I don't see it as being the problem. I have to order a base gasket anyway as I broke it taking it off this time and don't want to put it back on with case sealer just in case I have to pull it again in the near future.

Someone asked me if the top end was OEM. It is, it's a Male and is 44mm. Seems I'm at a stumping point again