Husqvarna 346 New rebuild lower high rpm

husqvarnaxpman

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was given a 99 346 with scored p/c. Pto seal was leaking. All new OEM replacement parts including new p/c. Base gasket delete. No muff mod. Saw fires up and runs but really rich at the high end. Finally got it turning about 13,700 but the H is only 3/4 turns out. Muffler screen is fine and tried another muffler. Vent in the tank seems to be working. Has walbro 159 carb. Not real familiar with rebuilding carbs, only have done it a few times. Removed top of the carb and it was full of gas. Not sure if its normal or not? I have other 346's but all NE's. Anything I should try before a carb rebuild? I do have another coil I could try. Tried new spark plug. Does anybody know what carb kit I need for the 159? Thanks in advance guys.

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
(Need the letters for the model of the carb) .... but guessing that K10-WAT is your rebuild kit. Try to get genuine Walbro ..

husqvarnaxpman

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I could find late last night it looked to me like it was the k-10 also. The local husky dealer says it the k22 kit. Of course they don't stock either one. I think i have the 22 at home, i will see if its a match. I think you are correct though. Thanks a lot Ted.