Husqvarna 288/2100 Governor Deletion Instructions

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, although it is referenced throughout the forum, I can't find a specific thread, figure this may help reduce multiple questions from guys like me. It isn't rocket appliances but I figured some pictures would help.

1: This is the little doohicky right here, slightly hiding behind the choke rod. Just enough so that we have to remove the choke rod.
20180208_182419_Arrow.jpg

2: To remove the choke rod we need to remove the flap first by removing the screw and sliding it out.
20180208_182436_Arrow.jpg

3: Pull the choke rod out. However, be careful. It will be tough to pull at first, but once you get over the steel ball that hold it it will come out. Speaking of the steel ball, be careful, it is tiny, and will try and run away. Pictured below.
20180208_182552_Arrow.jpg

4: You can now unscrew the brass screw thing. Inside there will be a copper washer, leave that there.

5: I used an unused welch plug from a carb kit I had laying around (I think for a stihl ms270). I set it in dome down on top of the copper washer.
20180208_183303.jpg 20180208_183235.jpg

6: Make sure it is sitting flat and put the brass screw back in and tighten it nice and snug.

7: Re-assemble in reverse order. I find a little flat head screw driver helps to push the steel ball that keeps the rod in place down as you shove the rod in

If anyone has any notes to add feel free. Hopefully this helps someone out

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only thought I have captured the little ball to keep it from rattling but evidently I didn't .Not that big of a deal mine still runs great but not the easiest saw I ever owned for starting .Those Vikings that built that thing should have install a decomp .I know they are a tough bunch but they can't be that tough . About like rope starting a Harley ,good grief .

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only thought I have captured the little ball to keep it from rattling but evidently I didn't .Not that big of a deal mine still runs great but not the easiest saw I ever owned for starting .Those Vikings that built that thing should have install a decomp .I know they are a tough bunch but they can't be that tough . About like rope starting a Harley ,good grief .

They are pretty bonkers to start. Especially with those tiny little starter handles. Need some strong fingers

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for posting these instructions. I’ve needed this info on occasion and it’s not easy to find because it’s usually buried in another unrelated thread.

I would also like to add that this governer disabling process is the same for the 288.

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for posting these instructions. I’ve needed this info on occasion and it’s not easy to find because it’s usually buried in another unrelated thread.

I would also like to add that this governer disabling process is the same for the 288.
Thanks, I actually meant to reference that, but I wasn't 100% on it. Unfortunately I have never had a 288.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, I actually meant to reference that, but I wasn't 100% on it. Unfortunately I have never had a 288.
Why?
Best get one while you can
They are drying up around my area

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why?
Best get one while you can
They are drying up around my area

They really don' show up much around these parts. Not a lot of timber ops around here. We usually just get small saws and big stumpers. Getting stuff from the US is gertting pricier and pricier too