High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 266 spark output

lljdavis

OPE Member
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Have a couple of Husqvarna 266 chain saws. Neither start that well, but will run if you get them started. I can get a weak spark on both, but if I connect an OTC 6589 spark tester they will not jump the gap. Question: Is it reasonable to expect these saws to have a spark output that will jump 3/4" to 1" gap? Thanks.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and being a saw that oil the coils could just be tired.

@Stump Shot would know more about these than I.

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a couple of Husqvarna 266 chain saws. Neither start that well, but will run if you get them started. I can get a weak spark on both, but if I connect an OTC 6589 spark tester they will not jump the gap. Question: Is it reasonable to expect these saws to have a spark output that will jump 3/4" to 1" gap? Thanks.

No it's not. They are not high energy like a modern automobile. 5 to 6mm for most saws(little less than a quarter inch)

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The coils are most likely fine,
look elsewhere for your trouble..

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hi,

From experience, my truck/car spark plug testers can be iffy. The best way I have found is to remove the spark plug, plug it back in, lay it on the cylinder grounding the thread out, and watch for a blue spark in the gap, while gently pulling. You might have to zip tie it in place without a compression relief valve.