Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it posted anywhere!!?? I've been looking, but have failed to see it. I need to make plans!

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Found another 2100 in revelstoke. Made the deal and it and a L65 should be here next week. This one is going to a buddy of mine who has been begging me to find him one for a year. His turn, I don't really 'need' 5. Ha ha

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
10:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found another 2100 in revelstoke. Made the deal and it and a L65 should be here next week. This one is going to a buddy of mine who has been begging me to find him one for a year. His turn, I don't really 'need' 5. Ha ha

If I was in Revelstoke I'd be snowmobiling but good score on another 2100. I myself have been hoarding them too. I think I have around 3 or 4 that I need to go through now and one really good runner.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where are you at Srcarr? The group I ride with rode blue river, valenount lots this year because the snow was so low in the North Rockies. We normally ride Kakwa, Tumbler Ridge and the Pine Pass. One of our usual spots only had 2.5' of snow in late march.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
10:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where are you at Srcarr? The group I ride with rode blue river, valenount lots this year because the snow was so low in the North Rockies. We normally ride Kakwa, Tumbler Ridge and the Pine Pass. One of our usual spots only had 2.5' of snow in late march.

I'm from Iowa. I normally ride in Buffalo Pass\Rabbit Ears near Steamboat, Colorado. We used to go to the Snowies range near Saratoga but the snow is usually much better in Rabbit Ears. One year we had to chase the snow up to Togwotee in North Western Wyoming.

I see lots of youtube videos from Revelstoke area, many nice chutes to climb.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Revy has strange terrain, either huge chutes or pretty tame and not much in between, but always huge snow.

Has anyone else had troubles with their 2100s sucking fine saw dust through the filter? My mill saw did this last weekend. I realize that it should be cutting chips, not dust, but it's hard to get chips rip cutting dry pine, and my grind is definitely working well. Thinking I may build a v stack and go to a k&n or uni filter with s pre filter over it. Does anyone have a part number for a good filter to use? I have a lathe so I'll build the v stack to suit.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I imagine, especially ripping and causting dust will have pretty adverse effects on most any filter. I think going with a unifilter/prefilyer setup would be a good idea

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, the other two saws I purchased last week showed up. I inquired about a 2100 and a 65L a guy had listed for local sale only in Revelstoke. He had them listed at $80 each for a local sale, and didn't want to ship. I wheeled and dealed with him a bit and offered him a better price of $350 shipped for the pair, as both saws had new chains and the 2100 had a brand new 24" husky bar and to sway his opinion of shipping them. The 65 is like new and I've always wanted one of them. The'2100' turned out to be a 2101. This was the saw that was meant to go to a buddy of mine. He wants a 100cc husky to mill with as well. Because of this though, he's getting the 2100 that I picked up last weekend. I'm now only missing a 298 to complete the 2100 family, I've got an 1100CD, 2100CD, 2100XP and now a 2101XP. Guess I should have snagged that 298XP last winter that was sold locally. Oh well.

This newest saw needs some attention and is missing some parts, but it fires and looks to be in pretty solid shape and the internals look awesome.

On another note, I have the 1100 more or less ready to test out. It still needs the screw in deflector nut for the muffler exit, but other than that and an outer bar plate it's good to go. I put the new 24" from the other saw on it to try it out. It'll get upgraded to something worthy of a 100cc husky later.

Last edited:

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guys, I'm going to try to repair a brake and for a 2101 by building a new band and attaching it to the old band rod. If I can get it to work I would be willing to build a few more in exchange for certain parts I'm missing