Husqvarna 2100 refresh

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like bad news. Finally got back to this thing. Looks like the carbon build up was because the plating was falling off. Take it this cylinder is now a paperweight. Not going to try the replaying route... opinions?

20170919_194006.jpg

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well thanks to the carcass I grabbed from @T.Roller in the latest raffle this build is back on. Donor has a nice cylinder and lots of nice spare parts.

Tore the gas tank off tonight and cleaned it up. Inside of the tank was fairly dirty. Tore apart the manual oiler and it was quite obvious why it was leaking. One of the o-rings for the rebuild is NLA so I ordered them on amazon and they should be here by monday at the latest. Installed a new fuel line and filter, and noticed that the oil pickup line is toast. I guess the gas leaking into the oil really did a number on it and loosened it up enough the pickup fell off inside the tank.

Looks as of now I should just have to order a few parts and it should be up and running. :treadmill:

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have any thoughts on aftermarket seals? OEM seals are 13 bucks each from my dealer, but I am about to place an order at HL supply and they have a pack of 2 for a buck...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like bad news. Finally got back to this thing. Looks like the carbon build up was because the plating was falling off. Take it this cylinder is now a paperweight. Not going to try the replaying route... opinions?

View attachment 88858

If I recall correctly, the piston goes below the exhaust port on the 2100. I would say to mock assemble to see if so and how much, then lower the exhaust port to the top of the piston and hopefully be below your problem area.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I am hanging on to the cylinder for sure. Maybe some day I will have the time/disposable income to see what @srcarr52 can do with it....

That jug is probably junk. From my experience when the chrome is that worn it will have a step worn in from the rings at the top so you can't drop the jug at all without knocking the ring lands out of the piston.

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That jug is probably junk. From my experience when the chrome is that worn it will have a step worn in from the rings at the top so you can't drop the jug at all without knocking the ring lands out of the piston.

Damning news but thanks for the info

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have any thoughts on aftermarket seals? OEM seals are 13 bucks each from my dealer, but I am about to place an order at HL supply and they have a pack of 2 for a buck...
I recently rebuilt a 298 with OEM seals off of eBay, price wasn’t too bad.

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a bit of time to work on it tonight. Here are some pics as it sits. Tried to get the clutch off But that thing is stuck. Got it soaking in penetrating now. Really don't want to bust the crank. What do you guys usualy use to pull these flywheels?

20180124_182548.jpg
20180124_182623.jpg
20180124_182633.jpg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the stuff is still available from the dealer, and Ebay is a different game up here in Canada, shipping on most thing kills us
Having shipped and received stuff from Canada I agree .I think the pony express might have been faster .
Some time ago I shipped a bunch of lathe tooling to B Wright AKA Timber Wolf on the net .It was only maybe 250 miles but it took two weeks to get there .It takes 4 days from Ohio to Australia and three to Oregon for heavens sake .

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used a steering wheel puller to remove the flywheel, couple washers and the carb bolts.
I’ll try to dig up a pic.

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having shipped and received stuff from Canada I agree .I think the pony express might have been faster .
Some time ago I shipped a bunch of lathe tooling to B Wright AKA Timber Wolf on the net .It was only maybe 250 miles but it took two weeks to get there .It takes 4 days from Ohio to Australia and three to Oregon for heavens sake .
There’s a guy that knew how to make a saw run. Too bad he got out of the public eye.