WANTED Husqvarna 2100 chainsaw muffler

Trader history (0)

Jacob Smyth

New OPE Member
Local time
7:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Greetings from the southern South Island in New Zealand.

I am looking for a complete muffler to fit a late 1970's Husqvarna 2100CD chainsaw - it doesn't need to be new old stock, just functional and suitable for use on a genuine working saw. This saw had a real deep rumble about it until I broke the muffler about a month ago and I have been looking for a replacement locally and internationally ever since. It is my favourite chainsaw in the shed and has real reliability / go about it, hence my keen search for replacement muffler. The manual oiler on the saw is great, especially when chainsaw milling.

Husqvarna 2100's were never super common in New Zealand meaning that with the passage of time second hand parts are now scarce on the ground and any stocks of new parts are long gone. I know of at least one good condition Husqvarna 2100 locally whose owner purchased it new in the early 1980's and is not prepared to sell it for love nor money . My father-in-law originally acquired my saw for a fair price at auction in the late 1980's when the New Zealand Forestry Service was closed down and large publicly owned plantation forests sold. At the time it had done little, if any, real work. That said, it has since done plenty of good work cutting up big macrocarpa and Austrailian gum logs for firewood (mainly running 28" and 36" inch Oregon bars with 3/8 chain) and a bit of chainsaw milling.

Please let me know if you have a complete muffler for sale and if so, the price and the best way to pay you for it + freight to New Zealand. Alternatively, any leads on websites or suppliers would be much appreciated. To date, checking Ebay and a number of sites for chainsaw salvagers / wreckers has not been productive.

I thought I had struck gold with a small engine parts retailer in the USA who claimed to have a number of Husqvarna 2100 parts in stock, including a complete muffler, but after handing over my money and being told the parts would instead be ordered from another supplier and shipped withing two weeks subsequently cancelled my order due to unavailability.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Jacob Smyth

Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Apologies among everything else I had to fall asleep anddrop my phone in the bath.. and before anyone makes a crack it was a mAnly bubble bath, with blue bubbles not none of that girly mango scented crrrap. But Yes I got a few anyways I think there's two that are really minty buuut I'm currently building a 2100 to find out what all the hustle and bustle is about these saws so I needs one myself.