Husqvarna 122C any good?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was looking at TSC yesterday and naturally I had to check out the OPE. They had a Husky 122C weedeater on the shelf and I had to examine it. I was shocked to discover that the shaft length and angle fit me perfectly, I'm 6'3 and that doesn't happen very often. I know this is a very basic homeowner machine, but I have always been able to get good service out of sub-$200.00 weedeaters and chainsaws. I wonder if these are any good? My Echo GT-200R does great and is the same price range and target market, however I do have to stoop over a bit to use it.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Grab it. Us long armed apes need large garden equipment.

Most of my personal sub 200 eaters and saws came from the five to fifty dollar pile somewhere. Some were 50¢ on the dollar at pawn land ready to run with a tune of the carb. They lasted the longest and most were Echo. Eventually everything dies in commercial use but I'm past that now. Some are still with me like this seasons SRM225. Five bucks with a broken intake block at the scrap yard three years ago. Feebayed a used intake, delivered for ten whole smackers with the bolts :)

Im never buying new again unless it is bought for a need it right now job. We all know most just need fuel system cleaning and new lines most times or a coil. I'll go through the pile this fall and probably sell off half a dozen that need some love. All long shaft gear box cutters and trimmers. Still have three convertible saws with five and six foot heads with extensions.

My old Mac with a good blade is still king of the sub 35cc hand held brush cutters imo.