High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 1100CD lost spark yesterday

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This old saw was sparking just fine the other day. It would fire up and then bog down and die when I pulled the trigger, figured I needed to richen the L screw some. I put a new oiler and a new handle on and I was all excited to get her fired up today, then no spark!

I made a flywheel puller using some bolts, a big washer that I ground some notches in, and an arm type puller with the arms removed. I saw no sign of the wires grounding on anything. I pulled the coil out and cleaned things up a bit and nothing obviously stuck out. So why did this suddenly stop sparking?

I did notice that there is a lot of room for adjusting the placement when putting the coil back in. How does one set the gap distance between the coil pickups and the flywheel? Could this be my problem? Maybe too much gap? Then again, the coil placement certainly didn't change recently.

Should I get myself a voltmeter and start testing the coil itself? How should I go about doing that? Any other advise? Thanks men.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes if the coil position is adjustable it would need to set since you removed it but if you look closely the old position indented. Also check the end of the high tension lead where plug clip is attached these do lose contact as the wire inside the lead breaks at the attachment point. I several old Homelites that fail while working on them where lead break was the problem. Just a thought.

Couldn't anything in the line of a service manual for this one. Sure the coil is not bad as they are NLA new; unless, has a NOS or used one available.

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I put it back it it's old position but I kinda doubt that's the problem because it went from spark to no spark before I ever touched it. I'm wondering how do you adjust the position to get the gaps set just right when you're having to move the coil first and then cover it all up with the flywheel? What should to gap be and how do I set it?

So you're thinking next I should try replacing the plug connector wire? How far down should I go? Does it usually just fail up at the top where the plug connects?

Thanks for your thoughts.