Huskyboy meets the ms462c

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It did take a little bit for me and my boss to get used to the different handlebar angle of the stihl, as we are used to huskies. It does handle well, just that if your used to one style you will need to adjust if switching from the stihl to a husky or even dolmar.

Last edited:

friendlywithbears

a tree falling in the woods
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like there are two part numbers for bigger cover: 1142 640 1701 and 1142 640 1702. Not really sure what the difference is, looks like 1701 is for the C-M and C-M R while the 1702 is for the Rescue and just has an extra plastic bit for $25 more? :)

Picked up a 1701 on order, which comes with the outer spike and roller chain catch. Hopefully will be what's needed!

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forgot

*Those Jap Katakana Sugis & Tsumis are HEAVIER than Es light. So maybe you wanna check what suits your individual ballance.

Go Tsumara & forget about all the other Light bars, unless you do mostly boring: if so, go with the Sugi.

The ES Lights are honeycombed rather than slotted & are near about impossible to straighten when they get bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy so now that you are a Stihl fan when will you get to try out the 500I?. I really want the 462R. i saw a video, that the 462 was more torque than a 461?. But i will have to wait on the 462R, my 4 yr boy needs eye surgery
Lol I’m a fan of any saw I like. I usually try to stick with the brands I have the most bar mounts for. I’d say it cuts faster than a stock 461, although it’s been a while since I’ve ran one. Sorry to hear about the eye surgery ordeal, that sucks sir.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Go Tsumara & forget about all the other Light bars, unless you do mostly boring: if so, go with the Sugi.

The ES Lights are honeycombed rather than slotted & are near about impossible to straighten when they get bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tsumi seems long lasting. Use Tsumi light at 20inch.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol I’m a fan of any saw I like. I usually try to stick with the brands I have the most bar mounts for. I’d say it cuts faster than a stock 461, although it’s been a while since I’ve ran one. Sorry to hear about the eye surgery ordeal, that sucks sir.

Another one falling in love with 462! :aaaaa:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only other little gripes I had so far other than the single spike, no roller catch and small clutch cover (which is all easily fixable)... is I felt the fuel capacity was a touché small. It had ok use ability out of a tank... I wish it had just a littttle bit more. No biggie. Just something to take into consideration. My goal is to be honest yet reasonable in this thread.

Last edited:

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think we put 5 through it today, it was ran in before I got it but I still think it’s fresh. Be interesting to see if it gains.

Soon you gonna find out this saw might be the MOST FUEL EFFICIENT ECONOMY saw in the market.

Just tape the throttle, let it rip and check duration. :banana:

PS. Sorry i m busting the review but using or better say Abusing 462s in the worst conditions of cutting fire burned trees for months made me a believer. I ll just keep my mouth shut now.