High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huskyboy meets the ms462c

friendlywithbears

a tree falling in the woods
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
whats the air filter look like after 10 tanks?
any restart problems?

I have about 10 tanks so far as well, and just yesterday ran into a restart problem. Any idea what it is?

I let it sit for a bit, cleared the chamber, did several rain dances and it finally started again.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard some of those require 4sixtypulls2 to get them restarted. Lol. This was a joke.

I also heard they need to return back to idle prior to shutting them down. I let mine idle for 5 to ten seconds before shutting down.
I am referring to Gen1 261cm.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would use the “choke” if the saw is somewhat warm, but cooled down too much to use “run” (sitting 10 minutes). Might take two pulls tops. I wanna comment a little more about the power of this saw and how it makes it... now that I actually have some good run time on it. Torque: I would say it doesn’t quite have the torque of a 461 off idle, or stopping and starting in cuts. Which is kind of expected from the displacement disadvantage. It does feel as fast or faster than a 461 though in cut speed, as I mentioned before. Great throttle response and holds impressive rpms in the wood for a stock saw. However the torque is still good for a stock saw. Not peaky. I would just say it just prefers to be ran in the midrange and up top. It packs a punch there.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard some of those require 4sixtypulls2 to get them restarted. Lol. This was a joke.

I also heard they need to return back to idle prior to shutting them down. I let mine idle for 5 to ten seconds before shutting down.
I am referring to Gen1 261cm.
I purposely ran this saw out of fuel and shut it off quickly a few times to try to invoke a problem. None yet. I do usually let it idle though for a few seconds before I shut it off.

friendlywithbears

a tree falling in the woods
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I purposely ran this saw out of fuel and shut it off quickly a few times to try to invoke a problem. None yet. I do usually let it idle though for a few seconds before I shut it off.

I noticed several times I ran it out of fuel it would cut the throttle in a weird way right before it was empty and go into an idling state before shut off. Maybe the computer is trying to emulate that.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed several times I ran it out of fuel it would cut the throttle in a weird way right before it was empty and go into an idling state before shut off. Maybe the computer trying to emulate that.
It does that for me too. It seems normal. I put it on choke to restart after ran dry like any other saw and it starts. Just because it shows a little fuel in the tank doesn’t mean it’s not starving the saw in different positions.