High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky top end price drop

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The whole intake upgrade is definitely beneficial on a well ported saw plus you get a better air filter set up
I found no benefit in using the whole intake track. I tried it and compared. The 346 intake boot is larger at the cylinder, but smaler at the carb, 357 boot smaller at the cylinder, larger at carb. it's a wash. The filter & neck are larger on the 357, but it does not fit easily into a 346 OE. Just the carb alone makes a difference though.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found no benefit in using the whole intake track. I tried it and compared. The 346 intake boot is larger at the cylinder, but smaler at the carb, 357 boot smaller at the cylinder, larger at carb. it's a wash. The filter & neck are larger on the 357, but it does not fit easily into a 346 OE. Just the carb alone makes a difference though.
Yes it does take some doing to get it all to fit properly, I’ve only done them on Jonsereds but doubt it’d be much different. I prefer the 357 air filter so it’s worth it to me to take the time and just put it all on. You got to port natch the boot anyway so it being smaller at the intake is irrelevant. To each in his own I guess

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes it does take some doing to get it all to fit properly, I’ve only done them on Jonsereds but doubt it’d be much different. I prefer the 357 air filter so it’s worth it to me to take the time and just put it all on. You got to port natch the boot anyway so it being smaller at the intake is irrelevant. To each in his own I guess
More than one way to skin a cat. :cool: