Husky 394/395 thread

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I need some input on how I should start diagnosing my 394 that doesnt seem to be oiling properly.

There is adjustment left so I'll start there but it only uses half a tank of oil per tank of gas. When I rev it the oil that slings off the tip seems intermittent.

When I lay the saw clutch side down to refill the oil it looks like the brass oil suction strainer doesnt sink to the bottom of the tank. Maybe that's the cause? Thoughts?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gentlemen,
I need some input on how I should start diagnosing my 394 that doesnt seem to be oiling properly.

There is adjustment left so I'll start there but it only uses half a tank of oil per tank of gas. When I rev it the oil that slings off the tip seems intermittent.

When I lay the saw clutch side down to refill the oil it looks like the brass oil suction strainer doesnt sink to the bottom of the tank. Maybe that's the cause? Thoughts?
Check the screen and pump to make sure there not clogged. Can you see debris/pieces of wood in the oil tank? Is the pickup line deteriorated and cracked?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Also check for the presence and condition of the little o-ring that seals the passage between the oil pump and the port leading to the bar. If that o-ring is misplaced it won't oil for crap...but it will leak a ton of it out from behind the pump. Experience talking here, lol! :D

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@angeloc

I had an issue exactly like this. Angelo completed a nice Bush fix. Emptied out the oil reservoir. Put a little 2 stroke fuel mix. Ran saw for a bit until it was pissing all over. Drained out fuel, filled with bar oil, ran saw. Oiled fine after. Still oils fine.

I was shocked to see just how much saw dust and junk came out of oil tank with the mix.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All good advice. Don’t forget about the simple things too like making sure your bar groove isn’t packed full chips. Found that to be the problem on my 372 AFTER I removed the pump and line only to find nothing wrong with them. K-I-S-S

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you cut the blade flat, or just use it as is?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. I think I'll start by looking at the bar oil hole and then drain the tank to look at the strainer and clean the tank. I'll go from there... thanks!

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. I think I'll start by looking at the bar oil hole and then drain the tank to look at the strainer and clean the tank. I'll go from there... thanks!
I thought I was having a issue with my p60 not oiling. Got it home and took the bar off fired it up and it was oiling like crazy. Oiler hole was clogged on the bar.