High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky 394/395 thread

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing for me. It's for my kids. We tried homeschooling last year and decided to not to that again.
Good for you on two counts. One, you had the stuff to try it, most don't. Two, you knew you would not be the best academic educators of your children. Most miss that, went right by their person it did.

Find some local parents doing it and get hooked up with them. You'll be the best thing that ever happened to the field trip and all the smart kids will pay attention. The life lessons you teach them will far out weigh the academics someone else will be much better doing.
Take that for what it's worth, free advice from the interwebs.
GLWE

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good for you on two counts. One, you had the stuff to try it, most don't. Two, you knew you would not be the best academic educators of your children. Most miss that, went right by their person it did.

Find some local parents doing it and get hooked up with them. You'll be the best thing that ever happened to the field trip and all the smart kids will pay attention. The life lessons you teach them will far out weigh the academics someone else will be much better doing.
Take that for what it's worth, free advice from the interwebs.
GLWE

We were with a group called Classical Conversations. It has a whole curriculum mapped out and we would meet up once a week.

But having the kids home all the time was beginning to feel detrimental to their social health. So back to general population they go.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
We were with a group called Classical Conversations. It has a whole curriculum mapped out and we would meet up once a week.

But having the kids home all the time was beginning to feel detrimental to their social health. So back to general population they go.
Gotcha. Alway wonder about that.

odin

100% noodle arms
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing for me. It's for my kids. We tried homeschooling last year and decided to not to that again.

Good luck with the educational challenges, Dubs. I applaud you for trying to find the best for your kids. Lotsa folks just figure public school does just fine. Not so true in some areas and not so true for some kids.

Ours is what they call "twice exceptional", super gifted in one area and yet struggles like mad in another. We've been homeschooling since day one. Tuff stuff for sure, but so worth it. Thankfully we've got a pretty decent homeschool co-op here, so he gets some time with other kids and we get some "parental support".

Of course we've got Classical Conversations here too, but we thought if we were going to go that way, we'd just go to private ed. It simply didn't make sense...

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good luck with the educational challenges, Dubs. I applaud you for trying to find the best for your kids. Lotsa folks just figure public school does just fine. Not so true in some areas and not so true for some kids.

Ours is what they call "twice exceptional", super gifted in one area and yet struggles like mad in another. We've been homeschooling since day one. Tuff stuff for sure, but so worth it. Thankfully we've got a pretty decent homeschool co-op here, so he gets some time with other kids and we get some "parental support".

Of course we've got Classical Conversations here too, but we thought if we were going to go that way, we'd just go to private ed. It simply didn't make sense...

The CC was a good fit but the cost of the Jr high program was close to the cost of private school.