Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The carb on my 372XPW has no fuel flowing to the low side needle. I cleaned the carb and installed a new kit but it will not idle and it I can get it to Accel it sounds super lean. If I choke it, start it and keep it above half throttle it will run and four stroke with the high needle out about 1.5 turns. Even with the low needle out 5 turns it still won't idle or Accel.

I pressure and vacuum checked the crankcase and it's tight.

Is there a trick to this carb that I am over-looking something?

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Did it do this before changing out the carb kit? And if so, did you change the welch plug?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if it was doing this before as i just converted an X-torq to an xpw using good used parts for the conversion. All I did to the carb was clean it and kit it. I did not replace the Welch plug as the kit didn't include one.

But I think I found the problem. The used intake boot mount for the carb is warped. When I put a piece of rubber in there to seal it for p/v testing it must of sealed it. It makes sense now since it technically will not have a vacuum leak there at WOT but obviously will have one at idle. I will order a new mount tomorrow and try that first.

I was getting a little angry and was affixed on the carb being the issue. Walked away for a little while and decided to ask you guys if I overlooked something.

IMG_20180923_200116.jpg

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a metal ring in the intake boot?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know if that little bit of warp is leaking but you could find out with wd40 with it running

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know if that little bit of warp is leaking but you could find out with wd40 with it running

It looks worse if you bolt it down and it's got a small crack on the back side where the nuts are. I was thinking of spraying it but didn't have any wd40 at the time.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can spray it with carb cleaner too, or even brake cleaner (it’s really the same stuff as carb cleaner). Even splashing some vodka on it is fine, just use something that evaporates well and isn’t water based.