High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky 350 help

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So.......rebuilding my husky 350. Sat rarely used for a long time by my FIL before I got it. My special self only ran a couple tanks through it before it got straight gassed. Pissed at myself, it sat in the corner untouched for several years, and now here we are lol. Fix my own stuff, but fist time inside a saw.
Tried to clean up the OEM 44mm cylinder using Mastermind's method, but found some gouges in the cylinder wall. So....perfect time to upgrade to a 45. Went with a hyway nikasil kit.
Did the research and cleaned up the jug a bit, bought a metal intake clamp and muffler support.
I decided to do a base gasket delete with motoseal, just for poops and grins. The next day I was admiring my work for getting it back together without making a mess........then FML, I realized I didn't put the intake boot and partition back on before dropping the cylinder.

My question is, what are my options here? Is it possible to get the boot and partition on with the jug installed? Should I pull the jug back off, clean the hardened goo off the mating surfaces, and reassemble....with the intake boot on this time? Or, can I pull the cylinder riser bolts, remove riser and cylinder as an assembly and reseal the riser to the case, since that might be an area that leaks in the future?

Appreciate any and all advice.

P.S. Long time reader of the forum, but newly minted member.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you didn't dis-assemble and re-seal the riser as a part of the re-build, you should definitely do that. Personally, I would blow it all apart, clean, and re-seal. Those saws need no help leaking...

Good luck.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of the 350 leak at the riser in the corners. I agree with the other posts pull it all apart and start over. I have also done the same thing you did forgot to put the intake and partition on before installing the cylinder. Trust me you will only make that mistake once. Here is a link to a thread I did on them http://opeforum.com/threads/husqvarna-350-to-346.15066/

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. Knowing that brake cleaner will remove the motoseal eases some of the frustration of it.