High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky 340, Which current availeble Big bore kit?

Ben p.

Active OPE Member
Local time
2:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
i want to learn the basics of modding a saw.
I have an old husky 340 that havent been used in 5 years, and i Read that the 350 series is a awesome start into saw modding as most procedures like adjusting squish Can be done without a machineshop.

So Im in the market for a 350 Big bore kit, might not be as powerfull or have as Big possibilitiesmas a 346 top, But the easy acces to transfers is something a complete newb like me Will appriciate.

But Which currently availeble Big bore kit (pref with transfer covers) with a bottom bracket should i choose?

Best regards

Ben

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of the AM risers should work and I have never dealt with any of the am heads. @Stump Shot is building one of these currently and is was smarter than me.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You can get a 45mm 350 top for pretty little money. It's going to be way better than an aftermarket jug. You can likely get a new one at a good price or find one here....
I'm starting to dislike aftermarket cylinders more every time I use one. I do use a pile of aftermarket pistons.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can get a 45mm 350 top for pretty little money. It's going to be way better than an aftermarket jug. You can likely get a new one at a good price or find one here....
I'm starting to dislike aftermarket cylinders more every time I use one. I do use a pile of aftermarket pistons.

Does that 45mm jug have the removable transfer covers?

And if it was me I'd head straight to the 346. They are just so cheap.

Ben p.

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys, Thx for your answers,

I would love a oem cylinder with transfer covers. especially if i Can find one used.
I not sure which models have have that cover, been reading about it But info is roaming around in my head and getting mixed up :eyepop:.

Ok cool, ill order an am riser.

I thought about 346 cylinders also, But Think as a complete newb its more important to make it easier on my self with regards to tooling and using degree wheel(gotta order that too ) than performance limits.

Best regards

Ben

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
45mm 350 and 353have removable covers and are 45mm. Same cylinder, but the 350 came with a dished piston. Not sure on the 351 piston. Some 350s are 44mm.
Someone here has to have the riser and an old jug. I gave away 4 or 5 and am out right now..

Edited for info correction....

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i want to learn the basics of modding a saw.
I have an old husky 340 that havent been used in 5 years, and i Read that the 350 series is a awesome start into saw modding as most procedures like adjusting squish Can be done without a machineshop.

So Im in the market for a 350 Big bore kit, might not be as powerfull or have as Big possibilitiesmas a 346 top, But the easy acces to transfers is something a complete newb like me Will appriciate.

But Which currently availeble Big bore kit (pref with transfer covers) with a bottom bracket should i choose?

Best regards

Ben

The 346xp cylinder kit from Husqvarna is well under a hundred dollars at the moment and has all the good juju built right in, definitely worth every penny.

Any of the AM risers should work and I have never dealt with any of the am heads. @Stump Shot is building one of these currently and is was smarter than me.

Which is it... is or was?
I'm thinking maybe smarter than a fifth grader, but I have never been on the show to prove or disprove that theory.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 346xp cylinder kit from Husqvarna is well under a hundred dollars at the moment and has all the good juju built right in, definitely worth every penny.

Which is it... is or was?
I'm thinking maybe smarter than a fifth grader, but I have never been on the show to prove or disprove that theory.
:nusenuse: I'm not the best at the maths and stuff.

Ben p.

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Enjoying a cold beer and Reading about chainsaws, Nice Way to spend a relaxing evening.

Yes to buying if Anybody Got a 350 with transfer covers they are willing to part with one.

Seems that concensus is to stay away from am cylinders, so If i dont find a used 350 with covers, i might be heading towards a new 346xp.

Where Can i find that for Well under 100 USD?

Best regards

Ben

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And if it was me I'd head straight to the 346. They are just so cheap.
Wonder how a fully ported 350 top end (w/ flat top piston)stacks up to an untouched oem 346 top? I didn't have the correct tools to port the 346 but those removable covers do open up possibilities for the lil guys..

20170403_163925.jpg
Had a lot of fun in the process too. Saw runs awesome for what it is.