trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
10:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, the intake is tight, both gaskets complete. Not cracked. Checked that thoruoghly when I put it back together. This is a head scratcher. I've got to agree that its pushing on someting.

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plug wire arcing when close to cylinder or case.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or, the throttle link could be outside of the slot in the plastic part that fits into the back of the crankcase. Or that part could be broken for that matter. I'd inspect that area carefully.

Will do. In putting it back together it seemed to be fine, but I'll check it out. Its probably something simple, just got to find it. Oh, I forgot to mention, it wont even start when warmed up without the choke being pulled (with the cover on) which is why I was leaning towards air/fuel. It starts up fine without the cover on when warm.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@trooney
Seeing your above reply to Bob....on top of the other things your looking into...how much compression has the saw got ?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@trooney
Seeing your above reply to Bob....on top of the other things your looking into...how much compression has the saw got ?
Plenty...I appreciate all the replies fellas. But @David Young is the winner. I didnt even know it had a pre filter on it. Evidently with the cover off it had enough air to run great. But the pre fikter was clogged and it couldnt breath with the cover on. Cleaned it up and she fired right up and idled good with the cover on. Leave it up to Hooskie!! I like the way they run but I dread working on em. Go figure. Well, it was simple. I thought that it was like a 346, well, I thought wrong!! Pre filter... jeesh

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's strange that the holes drilled in the cover didn't make a difference with that?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes! Do I get a prize or something? Best answer?
Neat design though huh?

I think I can arrange a date with Honey Boo Boo?
Yeah, a hell of a design. Live and learn.
That's strange that the holes drilled in the cover didn't make a difference with that?

Yeah, thats what had me baffled. Maybe put them in there because the pre filter was getting clogged and he didnt know it had a pre filter? (As about 95% of the population)