Hurricane Nate

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone has any damage from Hurricane Nate, let me know. I don't have saws, boots, chaps, or long pants, but I may be able to come help out. Us East TN boys don't wear shoes anyway! We are in Perdido Key 17 floors up about to ride this sucker out!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That should be a good view from there. I just left the Pensacola area earlier today and headed back to middle Georgia where we will likely only get some rain. My son is in Milton, FL (NE of Pensacola). I brought him my "China Professional Saw", a gallon can for mix, a pint of mix oil, a gallon of bar oil and a new file. Also, a pair of protective pants and a hard hat.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That should be a good view from there. I just left the Pensacola area earlier today and headed back to middle Georgia where we will likely only get some rain. My son is in Milton, FL (NE of Pensacola). I brought him my "China Professional Saw", a gallon can for mix, a pint of mix oil, a gallon of bar oil and a new file. Also, a pair of protective pants and a hard hat.
It's just raining in bands and steady wind now. Nothing too major. We debated going east until tomorrow, but we are just on the edge so we decided to get necessities and hunker down for the night. I hope this rain makes it to east TN, we need it bad.

waitingoneden

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's just raining in bands and steady wind now. Nothing too major. We debated going east until tomorrow, but we are just on the edge so we decided to get necessities and hunker down for the night. I hope this rain makes it to east TN, we need it bad.

Middle TN is sure needing some of it too. Bet we've had a 1/2" from it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My BIL lives 50 miles north of Pensacola. He said it was less than a good thunderstorm there.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got a soaker, and we sure needed it!

sgrizz

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You sure did get the bulk of Pennsylvania rain. We are getting a decent amount here outside of Philadelphia near Doylestown.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's still raining heavily but intermittently here in middle Georgia. We didn't get any appreciable wind though. Rain and wind in combo brings down trees. One or the other usually isn't too much of an issue. Several days of rain will bring down dead oak branches and topple standing dead pine trees though. I'm in the house doing paperwork. Want to get to the shop to do some things but don't want to get wet. I may brave the 10' trip to the garage in a bit. Plenty to do there too.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My BIL lives 50 miles north of Pensacola. He said it was less than a good thunderstorm there.
It hit west of where they predicted. More towards the Mississippi River. Gulf Shores had some flooding, but we didn't have much at all. I'm not complaining though, I was worried about the car flooding. I may have grabbed some extra sandbags laying around and drove up in them. It gave us another 12-15" of clearance on the 4Runner. The maintenance man looked at my tags and said "only someone from TN would be smart enough to do that!"