High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Hurricane Florence

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Likewise hoping everyone gets through unscathed. Looks like it is going to be a wild ride for a while, here. Got saws, generator, and supplies at the ready....hopefully it skirts by , but i doubt it.

Looks like you are several counties below me. Wish you luck!!

pioneer fan

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks, Amberg. I think we will be o.k, just in for a ride. Went through Isabel back in '03, and i don't think this one is going to be anywhere near that bad.

EDIT: I trust the latest forecast model about as far as i can throw it.....shows storm heading south?, never seen one do that, but i guess it is possible.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at the update this morning they changed the angle of the track. It was predicted to hit NC and SC head on, now they are saying its
moving more toward he SC coast -- but its not Friday yet. I remember a storm that was called HUGO -- 1989. Most said it would not come
inland, but it went all the way to the NC mountains. It wreaked massive damage in our area. I still hope it dissipates before it makes landfall.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at the update this morning they changed the angle of the track. It was predicted to hit NC and SC head on, now they are saying its
moving more toward he SC coast -- but its not Friday yet. I remember a storm that was called HUGO -- 1989. Most said it would not come
inland, but it went all the way to the NC mountains. It wreaked massive damage in our area. I still hope it dissipates before it makes landfall.
I was stationed at Cherry Point in '89 and living in New Bern on the coast. We got some crazy wind, hellacious rain, and damage from Hugo after it made its' way up from SC where it came inland.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This damn Florence is gonna get *s-wordty before it gets any better. You folks in the projected paths be damn careful if you're gonna ride it out. If this other projected path and outer bands creeps much more south, we'll be getting some high winds and heavy rains possibly here in mid-Ga!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got word a little while ago from some Jarhead folks stationed at Camp Lejeune who are gonna ride this thing out in Jacksonville...already looting going on, of all places, damn base housing areas! Ain't that some *s-word?...they're locking and loading every damn weapon they got...

...just imagine what's gonna go on out in the towns and cities!

Last edited:

woodtool89

Randalls favorite member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got word a little while ago from some Jarhead folks stationed at Camp Lejeune who are gonna ride this thing out in Jacksonville...already looting going on, of all places, damn base housing areas! Ain't that some *s-word?...they're locking and loading every damn weapon they got...

:machinegun::machinegun::machinegun::machinegun: shoot em all

woodtool89

Randalls favorite member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:machinegun::machinegun::machinegun::machinegun: shoot em all
4756293.jpg

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This damn Florence is gonna get *s-wordty before it gets any better. You folks in the projected paths be damn careful if you're gonna ride it out. If this other projected path and outer bands creeps much more south, we'll be getting some high winds and heavy rains possibly here in mid-Ga!

Jason, I think Florence has turned some what from us here to to closer to your way. Hope it not as bad as they say. We had to run two generators for 11 days during Isabel, one for the cows and one for the house. I never want to see that mess ever again. Isabel was the worst storm we have had in these parts since Hurricane Hazel back in 1954.

Hope everybody gets through this thing unharmed.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks, Amberg. I think we will be o.k, just in for a ride. Went through Isabel back in '03, and i don't think this one is going to be anywhere near that bad.

EDIT: I trust the latest forecast model about as far as i can throw it.....shows storm heading south?, never seen one do that, but i guess it is possible.

I agree, Isabel destroyed us here at the farm. We are also the last pole on the electric line here. So the last to get juice. I do have a generator wired up to the breaker box which is a big help when the power is out for more than 2 hours, esp. days!

Last edited:

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our agency may be heading where ever we are needed. Got word to make sure shallow draft boats are ready to roll if needed. Also have my JobBox loaded with saws and equipment. Stay safe.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We evacuated from Camp LeJeune/Jacksonville at 0500 this morning. Its been a ridiculous few days. Onslow County issued a mandatory evac order yesterday at 1330, Camp LeJeune issued a Mandatory evac and then rescinded it. At one point yesterday traffic was so bad Jacksonville to Raleigh was over 8 hours, Jacksonville to the VA border on I95 was 16 hours. We were going to ride it out until the forecast stated the storm was going to make landfall over Wilm and was supposed to stall there as a Cat 3 for 36 hours. That would have left us in/around the eye-wall for 36 hours. Took us 12 hours to get to Charlottesville, VA.

Looting started on Sunday night and its rampant. An acquaintance lost a dump truck with 5-ton trailer and Bobcat with dirt bucket and grapple forks in broad daylight by the airport. As far as I’m concerned: shoot on sight and shoot to maim. Let the cokksuckers suffer.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How’s the path of the hurricane going I looked on The tv this morning and they
Said Wilmington was going too be affected , I hope everyone is out of the danger
Zone and got there belongings safe , these looters need too stay in the eye of the storm tied up to a freaking traffic light on a long rope around there wrists

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

One of the things we learned in New Orleans during Katrina was that we're never more than 48 hours from total anarchy.
It's a damn shame.

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hope everybody gets through this thing without harm. Don't look good anywhere here that I can see.
I was supposed to be heading to D.C. this weekend, to accompany my dad on an honor flight. We got the word yesterday that it was cancelled.

What's the forecast for you?

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was supposed to be heading to D.C. this weekend, to accompany my dad on an honor flight. We got the word yesterday that it was cancelled.

D.C Is only like 85 miles from me. Not sure about the airlines, You are welcome here with your dad if need be!! Thanks Charlie.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

More rain tomorrow, as there is much more rain again here tomorrow, .Plus more rain Saturday. Hmmmm! We have had much rain here this year already!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At this time they are showing it a category 2 with 100 mph winds. I believe it could be nasty here over the weekend.
Things like generators are long gone from this area from what I hear.