ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great I hunt all winter with the fox hounds over here other districts they hunt mink ,red fox , red deer, roe bucks and hare

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not quite of the correct social strada to ride after the hounds over here. But I've been known to sell them a horse or two.
We have "Farmers Hound Packs" as well ....There is still a grass root hunting side to it along with hunts that have always tended to be a bit ...Errr...Exclusive. :rolleyes:

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not quite of the correct social strada to ride after the hounds over here. But I've been known to sell them a horse or two.

It's only farmers packs around here so not too posh, but Iam sure you would be perfect riding a red blooded German horse

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My sister has a pentioned off Trekehner on a neighboring farm. I started her 20 years ago. Pretty tough,good headed pony. For a guy that used to ride every day it's been at less 8 or 9 years since I threw a leg over one.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have "Farmers Hound Packs" as well ....There is still a grass root hunting side to it along with hunts that have always tended to be a bit ...Errr...Exclusive. :rolleyes:

Yes very true Simon you got the duke of beuforts if you want posh
And other packs for quality low key hunting

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My sister has a pentioned off Trekehner on a neighboring farm. I started her 20 years ago. Pretty tough,good headed pony. For a guy that used to ride every day it's been at less 8 or 9 years since I threw a leg over one.

I like the trekkehner good strong sort there's a few round here crossed with thoroughbreds or Irish draught

I try to fide hunting at least twice a month if work allows got a coloured 16 hand cob perfect for our hills and heavy ground

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great I hunt all winter with the fox hounds over here other districts they hunt mink ,red fox , red deer, roe bucks and hare
No running deer here in NY, few farmers run black bears if they have nuisance permits.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a hound magazine released every quarter and they always do a couple of pages of reports of different packs from the USA
Makes a good read

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Used to hunt foxes on my big Dutch warm blood with hounds before it got banned in the UK! Bloody city folk interfering with country affairs :mad:

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was quite a thing here a few years back with coon hunters riding mules to stay with the hounds. Seems the mules were better at night. There was no riding over fences. You'd dismount,throw a blanket over the fence,the mule would hop over then onward you'd go.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There was quite a thing here a few years back with coon hunters riding mules to stay with the hounds. Seems the mules were better at night. There was no riding over fences. You'd dismount,throw a blanket over the fence,the mule would hop over then onward you'd go.
This I have to see, that sounds hilarious!!

exSW

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This I have to see, that sounds hilarious!!
I can imagine. Ain't no way I'd ride point to point here. This isn't Virginia all manicured. Be more like that one scene in "Arrivederci Baby"(aka Drop Dead Darling) where Tony Curtis does in his wife.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used to hunt foxes on my big Dutch warm blood with hounds before it got banned in the UK! Bloody city folk interfering with country affairs :mad:

Exactly the new name is trail hunting total joke , what part are you from kind sir

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can imagine. Ain't no way I'd ride point to point here. This isn't Virginia all manicured. Be more like that one scene in "Arrivederci Baby"(aka Drop Dead Darling) where Tony Curtis does in his wife.

Brilliant ahh point to point is a different matter there all birch fences over here still very popular always a good money spinner for the hunt clubs