High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Hunting and shooting thread

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The "rules for thee, not for me" attitude is getting old. My firearms must be defective, as they've never jumped up on their own and assaulted anyone. Neither have my hammers, golf clubs, or other assorted inanimate tools/objects.

On a different note, has anyone here played with that .350 legend AR round that Winchester produced recently? Seems like a longer, skinnier cased, larger diameter bullet version of the 7.62x39, w/o the banana magazine req't. I doubt it would replace any of my hunting rifles, but it's an interesting pin-on caliber conversion option for a stock AR otherwise.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes me want to build and buy many more AR's!
...better buy ‘em and/or build ‘em as quick as you can. Never know what the hell can happen. Why you think I’ve been back in AR mode again? With a fool like that running the country...better get all you can.

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...better buy ‘em and/or build ‘em as quick as you can. Never know what the hell can happen. Why you think I’ve been back in AR mode again? With a fool like that running the country...better get all you can.

I certainly hope this is all for nothing.
It is however, a good excuse for buying a new gun or 12.

RocketRoss57

Taco Bell Aficionado
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if it has been discussed yet but I built a ar15 chambered in .450 bushmaster. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions for ammunition to deer hunt with within 200 yards that I dont need to load for. I'm not set up for, nor do I have the knowledge to do such things.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if it has been discussed yet but I built a ar15 chambered in .450 bushmaster. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions for ammunition to deer hunt with within 200 yards that I dont need to load for. I'm not set up for, nor do I have the knowledge to do such things.
Hornady Black 250 gr FTX rounds shoot very well in most all Bushmaster AR’s. If looking to shoot out to 200-250 yards, I’d stay on the lighter grain end of ammo, 245-250 gr vice 260 gr, 300 gr ammo. Federal, Winchester, Remington, Underwood make good ammo as well.

RocketRoss57

Taco Bell Aficionado
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hornady Black 250 gr FTX rounds shoot very well in most all Bushmaster AR’s. If looking to shoot out to 200-250 yards, I’d stay on the lighter grain end of ammo, 245-250 gr vice 260 gr, 300 gr ammo. Federal, Winchester, Remington, Underwood make good ammo as well.
The Hornady Black is all I have shot through it so far on paper. Groups very well for ol' shakey here. Just wondering how much that tipped type round will blood shot the crap outta a sub 180 pound black tail. I realize using a round this heavy at this velocity won't take it easy on one but kinda looking for something that won't straight up destroy it. I dont know much about ballistics but I would be open for schooling.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Hornady Black is all I have shot through it so far on paper. Groups very well for ol' shakey here. Just wondering how much that tipped type round will blood shot the crap outta a sub 180 pound black tail. I realize using a round this heavy at this velocity won't take it easy on one but kinda looking for something that won't straight up destroy it. I dont know much about ballistics but I would be open for schooling.
Best advice with a .450...don’t even think about going through the shoulders on anything if you can help it. Shoot whatever it is behind the shoulders.

Hornady makes subsonic ammo (may not even be on the shelves yet), some other mfg’rs as well. Just have to take a look online and see what you find.

Last edited: