Huntin Question

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would call my hunting unfair chase, because the animals unfairly elude me 95% of the time!

Seriously, I think fair chase can,be something of a situational thing. Many hunters have disabilities that prevent them from hiking and being on their feet for long periods of time, such as my father in law. He uses cameras and feeders simply because his mobility is so limited, he has to make the most out of whatever spot he chooses because he can no longer walk very far. And no, he really doesn't take that many deer.

I put out feeders to attract them in but I dont hunt over them. I'm also going to grow some food plots so animals will start hanging out at my place more. We have some big deer and turkey where I live but we arent totally overrun like other counties. A lot of it still comes down to chance. No matter how many advantages you give yourself, if the game is not where you are hunting on a particular day you are not going to be successful.

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Oh I agree. As I have gotten older I can't see or hear as I did. I have a lot of Fur fish and Game mags from back in the 70s and Fair Chase was an issue. There was no legal use of electronics for many of years. I always thought a sport was a competition. But I really wanted to know if there was men or women that have ever heard of Fair Chase. And it does make it a competition. I was hoping someone was going to ask me if I used fair chase on finding my old chainsaws. lol. I deserved it.