Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a good work chain.
Thanks Kevin. Going for more longevity on this one. I usually tend to go for a touch sharper angles. The one @Wilhelm posted further up I filed to be a little more aggressive, as he wants to play with it.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Kevin. Going for more longevity on this one. I usually tend to go for a touch sharper angles. The one @Wilhelm posted further up I filed to be a little more aggressive, as he wants to play with it.
Raker height with a sharp chain can help tell how long it will last. One of dall's first chains needed .035" rakers to self feed and feel aggressive. I bet it lasted 5 tanks before it needed a touch up. And then some more aggressive ones will only last a half tank...

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raker height with a sharp chain can help tell how long it will last. One of dall's first chains needed .035" takers to self feed and feel aggressive. I bet it lasted 5 tanks before it needed a touch up. And then some more aggressive ones will only last a half tank...
Very true. I’m shipping the one for Wilhelm with the rakers at stock height, and he can experiment with what works best for him. The wood he’s cutting looks to be some pretty hard stuff.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very true. I’m shipping the one for Wilhelm with the rakers at stock height, and he can experiment with what works best for him. The wood he’s cutting looks to be some pretty hard stuff.
Did he get the new 5000 yet? I thought I read where it was on its way

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did he get the new 5000 yet? I thought I read where it was on its way
It’ll be on its way very soon. Finishing up everything that’s going in the box with it. Shipping over there is very expensive, so we’re maximizing what’s in the box, and getting creative with the shipment.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’ll be on its way very soon. Finishing up everything that’s going in the box with it. Shipping over there is very expensive, so we’re maximizing what’s in the box, and getting creative with the shipment.
I've heard that mentioned before. 2-3x more expensive than shipping to here

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. He's gonna have to put a carb kit in it to run it :D

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, I’ve seen that cutter before :D
I don't know what You are talking about! :rolleyes:

I was checking whether I'll be receiving a well sharpened loop since I don't trust You and stuff! :p

I buck Turkey oak, oak, beech and in my last firewood pile ash.
Harder to softer in the above order when green, beech shifts to second place right behind turkey oak as it dries out.
I bet a turkey oak knot can ruin an aggressively sharpened square chain, it's hard stuff.

I've heard that mentioned before. 2-3x more expensive than shipping to here
Shipping from Croatia to the US is crappy over 5lbs, it gets much more complicated and noticeably more expensive.
But getting any weight package shipped to Croatia from the US is f-ing atrocious! :(

Lol. He's gonna have to put a carb kit in it to run it :D
Why, did You take mine out JMS style? o_O
Do I need a new clutch too? :p

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raker height with a sharp chain can help tell how long it will last. One of dall's first chains needed .035" rakers to self feed and feel aggressive. I bet it lasted 5 tanks before it needed a touch up. And then some more aggressive ones will only last a half tank...
Soooooo true !!!

This is where I've ended up with every chain I send out.
Its the smartest way to give someone the best chain possible, they just have to ice the cake

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soooooo true !!!

This is where I've ended up with every chain I send out.
Its the smartest way to give someone the best chain possible, they just have to ice the cake

I like to take em out and use em if I can..

A lot. After a couple tanks in the log pile, I re sharpen. See where we’re at.
The hard ones to get right are for those piped 3120’s.
They make so much power, it’s hard to load them smoothly, even with 12 pin gears.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

They make so much power, it’s hard to load them smoothly, even with 12 pin gears.
I’m having that experience tuning a few loops to a 24” on my SCarr 394. The rakers keep getting lower and lower.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Problems I’ve been seeing are that Maple or Oak at my place isn’t the same in other places. So, a smoothe work chain for a 70cc saw cutting my maple is grabby for someone else’s maple.

Race chain ......... yup, I’ll dial them puppies in with more scrutiny