How to square file

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was trying to compare the top plate angle with mine. Looks like mine is maybe 15*, and yours is maybe 30*.
Your square filed tooth is much nicer looking. LOL

Del Eaves

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening gentlemen, first post on here, i appreciate all the tips and pics you all have provided, been trying to square file for awhile with not much success, i bought one of the granberg g106b file guides and have to say it really works well for me, i set it up on a new chain to fiqure the angles, they may not be perfect but it gives me a pretty starting point, this is the fist cutter with the file guide, thank you all for the tips and pointers.
6cb595bbd02ef6a48ccee3799d74aab8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening gentlemen, first post on here, i appreciate all the tips and pics you all have provided, been trying to square file for awhile with not much success, i bought one of the granberg g106b file guides and have to say it really works well for me, i set it up on a new chain to fiqure the angles, they may not be perfect but it gives me a pretty starting point, this is the fist cutter with the file guide, thank you all for the tips and pointers.

That’s a great looking tooth !
Now you havta file that gullet back so she is even with the side plate
Welcome !!!

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Greetings sir. Nicely done! What angles are you using on your granberg?