mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need a rebuild kit for a Tillotson carb. Only # I can find is H 2 A . That is stamped on the flange where it bolts up to the manifold. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_3090.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3091.JPG
    IMG_3091.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 8

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is a carb for a Homelite 26LCS. Thank you for any help you can give. If y'all need more pictures I got them just ask.

Michael Rupley

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is no HL. It says made in the USA so is old. You may have to make your own repair kit. Have you tried calling Tillotson? I did once and they were helpful. They were in Ireland then. Mike

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, that doesn't look like an HL and Acres does list it as an MD.

The guy to contact about that would likely be Joe Salva at Sugar Creek Supply. I know he used to do reproduction diaphragms, decals and things of that nature a while back and I'm sure he's still in the game. He had a focus on the really old things.

Thanks!
Chris

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Watch out for Joe Salva, He is slower than a frozen turtle, I sent him a diaphragm for a Mac 99 two man saw
2 years ago and I still don't have it. He refuses to answer emails and phone calls. I guess I will never get my
diaphragm back and I had done a lot of biz with him in the past. Heard others had bad experiences with him
as well.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I have found the first year saw had a MD-56A on it and the 2 year it had a H-2A carb on it. By looking at the carb I don't know how this one would have a float in it. Going to try and find some pictures of the MD-56A . I sent a E-mail to Tillotson last night and they answered me already. FAST but no luck

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Watch out for Joe Salva, He is slower than a frozen turtle, I sent him a diaphragm for a Mac 99 two man saw
2 years ago and I still don't have it. He refuses to answer emails and phone calls. I guess I will never get my
diaphragm back and I had done a lot of biz with him in the past. Heard others had bad experiences with him
as well.
Good call Lee.

Thanks for the heads up. It's been some time since I've had any dealings with him

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From what I have found the first year saw had a MD-56A on it and the 2 year it had a H-2A carb on it. By looking at the carb I don't know how this one would have a float in it. Going to try and find some pictures of the MD-56A . I sent a E-mail to Tillotson last night and they answered me already. FAST but no luck
You should try chainsaw lady she is here and on house of homelite forum. She has been a dealer since the 50’s. I have bought parts from her several times and she is awesome.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should try chainsaw lady she is here and on house of homelite forum. She has been a dealer since the 50’s. I have bought parts from her several times and she is awesome.

Yes she is a great lady to deal with.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
this thing has the diaphragm carb for sure. it is a H-2A for sure. I bought some parts from here also. I will check. Thanks

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I need to find the belt housing. The one I got the part that holds the handle is broken. Don't know if I will get this one running. If anyone knows where a belt housing is please let me know.