High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How to fix 046 that's been abused?

What to do with 046 thats been gassed twice?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

PaladinMan187

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So several years ago my buddy gassed his 046 twice. Once was when he loaned it out and another time was when he got careless when mixing fuel. The saw got a big bore kit the first time and ran decent but never quite right so I figured it would need more work later. Now its still sitting in pieces after I just handed him my 361 several years ago to get him going with a good saw. Since its been gassed twice and got hotter than hell the 2nd time, I don't trust the seals and think the bearings might need replaced. Should I just set it on the shelf and leave it a conversation piece or should I start testing and ordering parts? What would you guys do with it?

Note, it was purchased off ebay about 10 years ago and received a Dual port aftermarket muffler and big bore kit from Baileys when it was roached the first time.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
At the least I'd throw new seals in it, but I'd be worried about the bearings.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check the big end of the crank for scuffing. If it's shot then I'd probably wait on good used parts to pop up.

PaladinMan187

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok. I'll start doing a tear down and check it out after I mechanics wire the 031's that are in pieces on the bench *missing a ton of parts for each*. I hope I didn't lose any parts to the 046 while its been sitting around.