How much wood are you burning..?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What brand model do you have @Deets066 ? I have a friend that has one of the central broilers that burn upside down. It blows air in thru the top and the smoke goes out the bottom. It is ridiculously efficient but way to complicated for me. He gets less than a 5 gal bucket of ash out every 2 weeks.
Timber Ridge
Free heat machine, 300 gallon

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What brand model do you have @Deets066 ? I have a friend that has one of the central broilers that burn upside down. It blows air in thru the top and the smoke goes out the bottom. It is ridiculously efficient but way to complicated for me. He gets less than a 5 gal bucket of ash out every 2 weeks.
If I was to ever buy another one it would probly be a central boiler

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
7:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just for grins I'm going to bump this one back up to the top.

I would guess I'm at about 6 cord or so for the year now. Burned through a lot of wood when we had the last cold snap. -20 ate wood fast enough that I actually had to refill mid day.

Steven

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The cold snap didn't bother my wood consumption much. Most I burnt during that cold week was just over half a face cord of black locust. I'm on track to burn half of my normal 18-21 face cord. I figure about 9-12 face cord for the year with this new Froling boiler system and I will also burn later, all the way until June for domestic hot water.

Viper21

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just for grins I'm going to bump this one back up to the top.

I would guess I'm at about 6 cord or so for the year now. Burned through a lot of wood when we had the last cold snap. -20 ate wood fast enough that I actually had to refill mid day.

Steven
Same here. Depending how cold the couple months are, reckon I'll finish the year at 10-12. Although, ain't burning much today...! lol... It's 70 degrees in Virginia today...!! Feel like 90 after the last cold spell. Supposed to be back to "normal" this weekend....

Cjone

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I go through about 10 full cord a season. Built my own unit, made it a little bigger than a central classic. It holds about 300-350 gallons depending how full I put it. Fire box is 6'deep x 5' tall x 4' wide. Put 8-10 large pieces a day, large as I can lift and more if it is smaller. Heating 3000+ sq ft log home and garage with domestic hot water included. Been one of the best things I have built. The unit is going on 12 years with no major issues. Built 2 more units the same size and 1 smaller one that have been great also. Cj

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I go through about 10 full cord a season. Built my own unit, made it a little bigger than a central classic. It holds about 300-350 gallons depending how full I put it. Fire box is 6'deep x 5' tall x 4' wide. Put 8-10 large pieces a day, large as I can lift and more if it is smaller. Heating 3000+ sq ft log home and garage with domestic hot water included. Been one of the best things I have built. The unit is going on 12 years with no major issues. Built 2 more units the same size and 1 smaller one that have been great also. Cj
Welcome, neighbor