How do yall sharpen your mower blades?

stihlguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ResourcesBest Model for Your BladesVideos & MorePin Thread ListShopSharpenersAccessoriesRefurbishedNew StuffOur CustomersTestimonialsCustomer StoriesAboutFAQs
Sharpen Your Lawn Mower Blades
With Ease & Precision

All+American+Sharpener+Model+5005+in+Action

Welcome to All American Sharpener

We provide high quality lawn mower blade sharpeners at an affordable price. Our products are made in the USA and built to last. Save time, money, and effort with our sharpening jigs. We currently offer six designs - Models 5000 & 5000EXT for bi-level mulching or standard blades, Models 5002 & 5002EXT for standard blades only, and also Models 5005 & 5005EXT for mulching, high lift, or standard blades, with additional angle locking capabilities for more versatility.

Why Choose All American Sharpener?
Our products were created to provide consumers with a cost effective quality lawn mower blade sharpener. This system is a unique design that clamps the blade in place at the preferred angle while using a guide arm and pin that attaches to your grinder, giving you the edge you want every time. Skillfully designed and crafted using anodized aluminum and stainless steel, our sharpeners are built to last. So whether you are a commercial lawn mowing business or a home owner, our sharpeners can handle the job.
  • Our consistent grind angle means that you will remove less material when sharpening.
  • Our products can be utilized for a wide range of lawn mower blade sizes (including Walker blades, mulching blades, counter-rotary blades, Gator blades, Honda MicroCut Twin Blade sets, and more).
  • Your lawn mower blades will last and stay sharper longer.
  • Faster sharpening time which allows you to mow quickly and efficiently.
  • Designed and manufactured in the United States of America.
  • Our products are designed for optimum performance and ultimate quality.
  • In-depth and easy to use product manual along with online video tutorials.
","resolvedBy":"manual"}" data-block-type="32" id="block-yui_3_17_2_2_1516681363092_22028" style="position: relative; height: auto; padding: 17px; outline: none; box-shadow: rgba(128, 128, 128, 0) 0px 0px 0px 1px inset; transition: box-shadow 0.2s ease-in-out 0s; clear: both;">" data-provider-name="" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1536455395583_105" style="position: relative;">
2016.11.20+All+American+Sharpener+Instructional.mov+-+00.00.52.340.jpg

There are a lot of different types of lawn mower blades. We want to make sure you get the right sharpener for your needs. Please take some time to check out our Blade Guide along with our Videos & More page before choosing which one is for you.
Some Feedback from Our Customers
“As a 20 year golf course mechanic i just wanted to let you all know i am amazed by the simplicity and ease of use of your product. This has been what i have been looking for since the beginning of my career. I’ve always sharpen blades with a 4 inch grinder but now it’s so much more accurate. I have 20 blades that need to be sharpened regularly and this system is going to make that so simple. I’ve only had this jig for a week I’ve already showed two other people who are interested in purchasing. Good luck in the future and continued success thank you.”
— Andy
“I wish I would have bought this sooner!! Setup took about 30 minutes but only because I couldn’t decide where to mount it. I sharpened 2 sets of blades that were headed for the scrap metal pile in about 30 minutes this ended up saving me close to $80. This is the perfect tool for sharpening mower blades and I highly recommend it!!”
— Tom
“I just purchased my Model 5000, I sharpened three sets of blades this weekend, this is one of the best tools I have ever purchased. I wish I found this years ago. It’s a pleasure to buy something that is so well built and works the way its suppose to.”
— Mike
“This is the best blade sharpener I have ever seen. Quickly produces a perfect cutting edge on blades in just a few minutes. Easy setup and very flexible mounting make this a great choice.”
— Alan
“Just wanted to let you know how pleased and satisfied I am with my purchase of the Mod.# 5000 sharpener. I ordered the unit and 2 days later, I had the unit!

I have worked with my hands my whole life (retired now) and I know the difference between good quality and cheap material. You , gentlemen, sell a very high quality piece of equipment. As my mower is brand new, I haven’t had the chance to use my purchase, but I’ve gone thru the motions and I can tell that I have bought my last blade sharpener! Thanks.

Just so you know, I was sitting in my barber shop and I noticed a write up in the Farm Show Magazine about your product.

Thanks again.”
— Gerald
More Testimonials

All American Sharpener
16092 King Road,
Haskins, OH 43525,
United States
(419) 823-6027support@allamericansharpener.com

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks pretty nice. Do you have one of these?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I clamp the blade in a vise and use a 4" angle grinder on it. Sharpen one side then reposition the blade and sharpen the other side. Works well enough. I don't mow for a living so it's not that frequent of a task for me.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought an All American sharpener for the shop. Paired it up with a HF hercules grinder. I must say i really like it. The bradley just takes too long on really dull blades. The all american with a hard wheel makes short work of them. Time is money. Well made device.

stihlguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought an All American sharpener for the shop. Paired it up with a HF hercules grinder. I must say i really like it. The bradley just takes too long on really dull blades. The all american with a hard wheel makes short work of them. Time is money. Well made device.
What are you using on the grinder, I'm using flap disc of various grits?

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use hard disks from HF and DeWalt and ceramic 24 and 36 grit flap disks from Supergrit. If the blade looks like they mowed a chain link fence i use a hard disk to remove metal fast then finish with a flap disk.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since I retired I don't have access to those 5 HP grinders any more .A DeWalt 4" side grinder gets -er-done now .I don't have access to an arbor press to straighten the blades either ,7 pound short handled sledge and an anvil .Not nearly as handy .

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have the room for it, harbor freight 20 ton press is a great tool and only like $125 with coupon.

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use an air angle grinder with 36 grit disc. The rpm is alot slower than electric grinder. Puts on good edge

stihlguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guard on my bench grinder is adjustable enough to push up to match the blades cutting edge angle. I just rest the bottom of the blade on the guard and draw it across the wheel